Announcing Pixelmania 2011!

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Jan 10, 2011.

1. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Didn't somebody take it upon themselves to do some dining reservations last year?

Boris

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Boris, Dining reservations are usually done by a few of the guys coming. ; Just make a reservation for any number you want or can get, and open it up to the attendees. ; A great time and conversation is had by all that attend.

3. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Thanks. ; And if I remember correctly, it's a 180 day window, which would be sometime in mid-April.

I suppose a schedule of events might also be helpful to avoid having to go from one park for an event to another for a meal.

Regards,

Boris -- whose wife just asked to borrow the G12 for in her classroom tomorrow, and said "It's on automatic, right?" ; Ugh, how tough is it to find the green A?

4. PolynesianMedic

LOL! ; Don't worry about the schedule. I am thinking that there can at least be a park of the day schedule done by time the reservation window opens.

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The 180 day call in window opens up on April 23, 2011 for October 20th. ; Adjust days accordingly or us the PSCalculator (see link in my sig). ; Gary and I have talked about hosting a dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh on Epcot day.

6. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

I haven't eaten at Marakesh in quite a while. I might be interested.

7. gary

gary Member

the vegetarian cous cous entree is outstanding imho

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I'd be interested in Marrakesh as well. ; Just let me know when it gets closer. ; And I will probably put in a couple of ADR's myself (like last year).

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Just a couple more weeks until ADR's open up for Pixelmania 2k11. ; (at least according to my countdown timer...) ; What is a good preferred/"suggested" time for lunch and dinner reservations? (ie.. noon to 1 should be free each day, or 5 to 6pm should be best). ; Since I am heading down on the sunday before PM2K11 I should be able to make some ADR's a little earlier.

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Have we figured out a park schedule yet? ;

11. PolynesianMedic

The last that I thought we had discussed was that we didn't want to be in Epcot for the local drunk fest that happens over Friday and Saturday nights so we could do Epcot on Thursday that we arrive leaving the Magic Kingdom for Friday or Saturday depending on what night we want to do the Halloween party.

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I kinda forgot that the Food and Wine Festival is going to going on at the same time. ; Guess it is just a waiting game to see when they post the dates for the MNSSHP.

13. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

I have always preferred my meal times to be early, i.e. around 11 or 11:30 for lunch, and 4 or 5 for dinner. This gets me into the restaurants at slightly less busy times of day, feeds me early on those rope-drop days, and lets my dinner (which tends to be big at WDW) digest before bed time. Early dinners also let you finish in time to stake out spots for parades or fireworks, should you want them, and gives you travel time if your dinner isn't in the same park in which you intend to finish your day.

If I have a late night at a park, the early dinner will leave me feeling hungry later in the evening, which provides the perfect opportunity for one of the many great snacks at WDW.

14. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Hey all, it's that time -- ADR time that is.

I'm looking at dinner at Jiko on Friday night. ; I'm going to book it for me and my better half, but would be willing to change it to a larger table if others are interested. ; If I remember correctly, they have a larger table they use for groups that do some kind of safari followed by dinner -- that might be fun -- any thoughts on that? ; Also, any ideas on the park schedule yet? ; I'll probably go for Canada on Thursday.

We fly in around 2 on Wednesday, so by the time we get checked in, it will probably be closer to four. ; At that point, my wife and I will want a quieter/calmer meal (after a long day on the road).

Let's keep the thread alive.

Boris

15. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Yikes! ; Nothing at Le Cellier on Thursday or Friday evening.

I chose Tutto Italia on Thursday at 5:55 instead.

Regards,

Boris

16. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Historically MNSHP is on Thurs, Fri, and Sun the week or two before Halloween. Going to see if I can find my old schedules, to see if there is a pattern for EMH and EEH.

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Looking at the Park Hours for the week that PM2K11 is there, you can kinda tell which nights are going to be for MNSSHP. ; Magic Kingdom closes at 7pm a couple of the nights which is the same time the parties start at. ; As for ADRs, i am just making one for eah park for each nite, then once an official schedule is released then i will cancel the other parks. ; (I am keeping the time close to the same and the restaurants nearly the same)

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Its more than a week or two prior to halloween. ; The first MNSSHP I attended was in mid september back in 2008. ; And the park schedule has been released thru the time of PM2K11 if you go to the disney home page.

19. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

Hey Boris,

If you haven't made an ADR for Wednesday night yet, consider coming to Begin at the End. It'll probably be quiet and relaxing, it usually is.

20. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

All this Pixelmania talk is frustrating...still have no idea if I can make it work, and I'm getting a bit afraid by the time I can figure out if there's a chance, it'll be far too late to book anything. ; I'm trying - I haven't missed a Pixelmania/TMIP Mousefest meet since they started - but the seasonal move really hurts my chances.