Announcing Pixelmania 2011!

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

stay tuned for a super special surprise regarding this year's pixelmania! ; oh how i love to tease!

2. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

More anticipation?! ; Oh, the suspense... ; :D

3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Yay! I hope to be there this year

Sent from my Droid

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Super special surprise? ; You'll have to come up with something pretty spectacular to top Jim Korkis!

5. Tim

I had a little bit of by way of some friends in indiana this year. ;

(from my htc incredible)

6. ddindy

You can't trust those Hoosiers, they're just crazy! ; :D

7. Tim

Re: Re: Announcing Pixelmania 2011!

Crazy silly
    (from my htc incredible)

8. jeff_chaney

jeff_chaney Member

Looks like what I thought was going to be my first official Pixelmania has turned into a no go. ; This falls over my kid's fall break and we had promised a vacation for them...I know what you're thinking, why not WDW? ; Well we are going with the kids for Spring Break and my wife is definately not a Disney 2x per year kinda person. ; So....maybe next year <sigh>

9. Tim

Bummer. ;

(from my htc incredible)

10. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

Definitely a bummer...

11. Paul

Paul Member

Won't be able to make it, but I might have to register anyway to get one of those lanyards!

12. Tim

Boot!

(from my htc incredible)

13. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Great News, my wife and I plan to be there.

She's no photography buff, but I told her I'd let her use my G12. ; She won't have lens envy.

Whether or not she quits her job, this falls over the extended school break, so it's a go.

We actually have some SW airlines credits expiring this year, so we can use those for the trip, and we're getting AP's for this March and Christmas trips coming up = no park admission for Pixelmania.

I'm thinking of renting points for either BLT (never been there -- is the MK view worth it?, or BCV -- our home resort, which we love).

Looking forward to meeting up.

Regards,

Boris

14. Tim

Awesome. ; Personally I wouldn't pay the premium for the MK view. ; Just my opinion. ;

(from my htc incredible)

15. The MK ; view is amazing but the lake view is beautiful as well AND if you want to see the MK view go up to the Top of the World lounge!

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The MK view is worth a one time visit, then after that I would go with the LV or SV. ; But I agree with Mainstreet that the Top Of the World Lounge view is much better, just don't get up there late if you want to take photos. ; I got stuck on the very end against a railing and a guy who was using his flash to take photos of the fireworks. ; Luckily I was using my ND filters so it didn't make a difference in the light.

17. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Awesome, can't wait to meet you Boris! ; It will be a lot of fun.

18. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Ok, it's official. ; I just borrowed some points and booked BCV studio for Wed - Sunday. ; I'll have to buy some points on the black market to pay myself back for my trip in March 2012.

Now just waiting for Southwest to open up the schedule in October.

Looking forward to meeting fellow disney photo nuts (and getting some inspiration).

Regards,

Boris

19. gary

gary Member

that's cool, bcv is the official home of the tim/gary show for pixelmania 2011

wed-monday, i hope to be there wed am

20. ddindy

I just found out that the PGA Tour will be at Disney World the same weekend as Pixelmania. ; Cameras aren't allowed during the tournament, but if you, like me, will be around a few days early, there may be some good photo opportunities during the practice rounds early in the week.

And if you're worried about huge crowds in the parks, don't. ; I was there during the tournament last year, and other than a few signs in the Magic Kingdom parking lot, you wouldn't know it was going on.