And........... We are off - will be updated during mousefest

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sean&Karen, Dec 7, 2008.

1. I love reading your posts. I'm heading down tomorrow so these are really getting me psyched up for Mousefest.

Keep them coming...

2. amw

amw Member

Who me? ; ??? ???

3. The post are helping me get thru the next 48hrs....... Tomorrow cannot come too soon.

4. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

So i am sitting her in the hotel waiting for he wife to finish "putting her face on" i feels like its been hours.. lol last night during supper i booked her a mommies to be massage at the spa... setup the time for 8:45 so it would be nice and early for her and i could sleep in ... ; she will post an update on this "research" sometime today.....

We are heading out for a tour today ... then off to get more pictures of other resorts for the site .. mousefest starts in 2 days and i am so excited ...

oh on a side note .. we got our mousefest books today (Dave had them shipped down to our resort) and i was disappointed not to see our Ad in there... so i will need to find out what happened and why it was missing ... oh and why they didn't refund my money.. lol

5. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Heading off to the yuletide tour and we just booked hoop-dee doo musical review for tonight at 930 .. i heard a few things good things about this on the Northern mouse podcast so i need to check it out for myself ...

6. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

TOO funny!!!

Good to hear. ; Of course I haven't been there in a while, so perhaps they've changed things. ; I really hope not, as I thought Artist Palette was GREAT when I was there last.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Turf Club!

Oh you've never been to the Hoop Dee Doo?!? ; You're in for a REAL treat!! ; Have fun.

7. scratch

scratch Member

Hoop De Doo! ; You'll really enjoy it! ; Love the Fried Chicken! and the Ribs!

Now I'm hungry!

8. Hoop Dee Doo is one of my family's favourite things to do at Disney - we go every time, and next time, we'll go twice! ; Enjoy the best fried chicken, and the wacky antics. ; (If you say you're celebrating something, you'll be sure to get some attention!)

9. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Well we had quite the busy day yesterday, but don't we always. ; My day started off with the mommie to be massage at Saratoga Springs. ; It was heaven since I hadn't gotten a massage since getting pregnant, but I highly recommend a massage. ; Like Sean said he made it pretty early in the morning so I got up and walked over there and was greeted at reception where she explained and showed me where to change into my robe and sandals and there where to wait in the Spa room for my girl that will come by. ; I got my robe (which was comfy) and sandals on and then waited for my girl (her name was Lisa Lynn). ; Anyways, she came in and took me into a massage room and explained what the massage was going to be all about and explained how the heck to use the pregnancy pillow they had there, it was so comfy since it took pressure off of everything. ; She was sure to ask if I had any trouble areas or any problems and things l like that. ; So exfoliated my arms, legs back and feet with a brush and massaged with vitamin E oil. ; It was heaven, my skin is still soft. ; The massage lasted for 50 minutes and she managed to work on my back where I am feeling most of the baby these days. Also at the end of the massage she put a hot cloth on my feet so it would keep my body warm, but it felt so good. ; I have been dying the entire pregnancy to get a foot rub and that was what I needed for sure. ; She also gave me the exfoliating brush that she used on me (free, but I am sure it was included in the price of the massage). ;

After the massage was over I went back to the change room and looked around a bit. ; There was a steam room, sauna, whirlpool (all which I couldn't use), they had this neat water extractor for your bathing suits which I thought was really cool. ; More places need this device that sucks out the water from your bathing suit. ; They had a nice vanity area which combs, hairdryers, cottonballs and you name it. ; A place for showers with plenty of towels and a bathroom area where they kept the scale, moisturizer, mouthwash, prepasted tooth brushes, gel, pretty much anything you would need to get ready and go out for the day. ; I had a great experience for sure. ; Believe it or not there were a lot more males waiting in the Spa room than females. ; The prices were pretty reasonable I thought as well for this spa experience.

We will post about the Yuletide tour and our Hoop Dee Doo Musical revue night once I get a bit more awake here this morning.

10. highland3

highland3 Member

Sigh!!!!

It sounds like you two are having fun! ; I hope Shawn gets a "special" experience at Hoop Dee Doo. ; I still remember mine!!! ; :-[

11. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Sean didn't have any 'special' experiences at Hoop Dee Doo, but it was still fun. ; We did watch one couple get engaged which was quite nice.

Yesterday we visited AK. ; Still didn't get Sean on Everest. ; My favorite ride. ; However we really did enjoy the Safari this time. ; There was only a 10 minute wait because we went during the Jingle Jungle Parade and got to see a ton of animals. ; There was even animals that we could have reached out and touched literally. ; Sean got some excellent photos of the ride. ; We pretty much just stuck to walking around, taking the train to conservation station and eating at the Flame Tree BBQ. ; All good. ; After that we took a bus over to the boardwalk and ate at the ESPN club. ; It was yummy! ; However the main seating area was closed off due to a private event which we thought was a bit odd, but luckily the seats at the bar did just fine. ; After that we walked through Epcot and headed home as the stiff backs and legs were starting to kick in...we are getting old!!!

Anyways, today is the start of Mousefest and unfortunately for us, it is pouring rain outside. ; I think there are quite a few events inside, but we have to get there first. ; It will be a wet one. ; I can't believe I just said that since this is the first day of rain in the 5 trips that I have made here. ; I think I would much rather have the cold. ; Mousefest kickoff starts at noon so we are looking forward to going and catching up with everyone. ; We will post more later.

Hope everyone is getting ready for the holidays and enjoying themselves back home!!

12. Thanks for the updates, Minnie. ; It's good to hear from you. ; How are you feeling? ; Are you resting, and drinking lots of water?

13. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Just finished up the kickoff party, met up with sonny eclipse and Sorcerer Mickey.

Next we are off for a dole whip with scopa's 5th annual meet

14. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Day one of Mousefest is behind us ...

Had a good day, after the dole whip meet me and Karen headed over to the comedy4cast meet at the monsters inc laugh floor. From there we headed over to The Magic in Pixels meet with our good friend Tim Devine. Its a good refresher .... work out the cob webs from there me and Karen grabbed something to eat and then headed out for the bob jackson meet at Port Orleans ... there we bumped into Sorcerer Mickey and Sonny Eclipse yet again and sat down to have a few drinks ...Once the show started it was awesome.. everyone was having a good time .. about 90 minutes later Carlos or Kevin wandered in and joined us for the rest of the night... we were running around the room like we were 12 again ... Kevin was on the floor waving his hands and feet .. lol what a great night ...

if this night the a glimpse into what mousefest is going to be .. then it should be a good time....

Tomorrow we have Animal Kingdom and Minnie told Sorcerer Mickey that i have not been on Everest yet so rob is going to try and get me on it .. lol .... Just because i like Rockin' roller coaster and don't ride on Everest my wife thinks i am nuts ... ;

15. deblen4

deblen4 Member

If you like Rock n Roll Rollercoaster you would love Everest!! ; It is so much more fun, and I find it a much smoother ride and a lot more to look at while you are on the ride. ; Awesome views while you are riding to the top. ;
    The big drops on the rides make me very nervous, but I've made my husband a deal that each time we go to Disney I'll try something I haven't been on before. ; The past trip I did Splash Mountain and it wasn't as scary as I expected it to be, lots of screaming but I'm gradually working my way through the rides, and it's another excuse to come home and start planning my next trip to Disney and what ride will be conquered next time.
    Deb

16. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Looks like the folks at WDW are having too much fun to update the folks stuck at home. ;)
    [​IMG]

17. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

I love reading the updates but it makes me even more jealous. Glad you enjoyed your mommie to be massage Karen!

18. scratch

scratch Member

Obviously! ; They are having way to good of a time to worry about those that are stuck here!LOL

But at least I have upcoming trip!

19. my last minute trip got deferred again - hubby's work to blame. ; Oh well, will have to make it to 2009 to get my fix!

20. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Bummer Sheila :(