4 8 15 16 23 42

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Miss Megara, Feb 13, 2008.

1. highland3

highland3 Member

Duh... ; I missed that while I was packing. ;
    I did pick up on the fact Penelope knew that Desmond was still alive... because she had been talking to his friend Charlie!!!!

They may not be answering many of the lingering questions, but this show keeps me wanting more evey week!

2. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Yep, brilliant! ;

I miss Ben.

However, I love how 'fresh' this show remains. Always some new 'problem' that needs to be addressed.

So, we now know for sure that time on the island is not 'real time'. This makes me want to go back and watch every episode. I mean were the flashbacks messed up with the time on the island? Now that we saw the 'time travel' thing with Dan and Des, does this mean that in every flashback when the losties were in each others pasts, this was all done on purpose? Like they told each other in the past that they would need to know each other for the future. KWIM?

Gotta love how the numbers that Desmond needed to tell Dan were 23 and 42. hehehe...

3. amw

amw Member

I don't think the flashbacks indicated they were each others 'constants' since they were background info for the viewers rather than the characters own thoughts. (they didn't zone out and have a flashback.) I thought at the time the writers were just showing how we are all intertwined in the world without knowing it.

That being said ... I'm still confused with the flashforwards of the last few episodes. Have the oceanic six been told to keep the island secret because it still has power over them? Someone is forcing them to lie (Ben of course) which leads them to self-destructive lives ; (except for Kate so far who has been let off and is living the high-life).

And what about the original others - I'm still waiting to learn about the one who does not age ; :-\

Did you notice in the "flashforward" from last week that Aaron is 2 years old ... that would make it 2006. You would think that if the writers knew they had three seasons left that they would make the "future" 2010. ; ???

4. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

I think the writers are on top of the ball, the last episode had them on the ship on December 2004. Not sure how the Aaron part is going to play out. They normally tie everything together every nicely and then you sit back and say "How come i didn't figure out that outcome"

5. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Oh I totally agree! ; But I still feel that there may be more to that whole '6 degrees of separation' thing with the losties.

So, seeing as Mr. Widmore won the journal. ; This must be how he finds out about the island and this is why Pen has an idea where to look for Desmond. ; There is no doubt in my mind that Mr. Widmore sent Desmond to the island. He knew that Des was going to run that race and end up there.

I'm starting to think that he's not the only one that doesn't age. ; People don't get sick and diseases are cured on this island; maybe it doesn't age you?!? ; Just a thought.

Also, if no one ages, then I'm wondering if the freighter went to the island to research the Black Rock and perhaps Ben is from the Black Rock and not from DHARMA as he claimed to be? ; Sure we saw a flash of Ben as a child, but who's to say what they show us to be true? Again; just a thought...

6. amw

amw Member

Yo Ho Pirate Ben ; :D

7. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

8. amw

amw Member

OK, so from last night's episode .... When Ben explained to Locke that Mr. Widmore was doing anything possible to keep the island a secret, I think he was totally misrepresenting. I think Mr. Widmore has been working very hard to find the island in order to introduce its benefits to the world and make money that way. It's Ben that will do anything possible for the island not to be found ... including killing all the people "in the know" in the flashforwards, and forcing the remaining survivors to stay put. ;

So who's the man on the boat? It's going to be a shocker ; ;D

We'll know who the full Oceanic six are next week!

9. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

I TOTALLY agree with you about Ben. ; If nothing else; last night's ep taught us how manipulative this man really is. ; He's still the all evil one of the island... I LOVE it.

Of course, as you said;

I think that he KNOWS Locke would as well, given the fact of the healing the island bestowed upon him. ; Which is why Ben is trying to lure John in.

"you better sit down for this". ; ;D

Ack!!! Stupid PVR, I missed the trailer for next week's show...