4 8 15 16 23 42

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Miss Megara, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

I don't know if we are allowed to discuss such off-topics here on Disneymagic, but if you know what those numbers represent, I'd love to discuss them with you. ; ;)

2. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

Ok...........my guess would be something to do with being lost?????

3. OK Meg, you've got me going,

What do you think the Other Others agenda is?

4. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Did y'all call the phone number?

1-888-548-0034

Brilliant, just brilliant...

I don't know about the Others, I'm stick stuck on the Flash Forward deal!!! ; What is Jack checking with Hurley that he didn't say the Oceanic people? And who is in the coffin???

5. amw

amw Member

OK Miss Megara, I joined this forum just to post on this one! We have so much in common ; ;) -- my world stops for Lost!

In the season ender Flash Forward, did you notice how Jack referred to his Dad as being alive? In the hospital, he said to check upstairs to see if his Dad was drunk. I think there's something fuzzy about the island being out of sinc with time and place ... hence the polar bear in the desert excavation.

The "other others" certainly add a new twist, with the plane and bodies being found ... and the fact that the other others are not surprised to find survivors on the island. ; ???

I think the "man" in the coffin could be Locke or Ben ... because Jack said he was neither family or friend, but yet it was so important for him to be there.

6. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

YAY!!! Welcome to Disneymagic amw - I for one am SO pleased to see you here!!!

We do indeed have VERY much in common; my world stops for LOST too...only 6.5 hours to go btw...

I sure did. ; I, of course didn't catch it when I saw it at the end of last season, because watching it, I assumed it was a flashback. ; However, I did indeed catch all of that when they re-ran the episode just before this season started.

Ok, I never even thought of that. ; But it makes PERFECT sense. I ; think you're onto something there.

I thought it was Ben in the coffin too, but here's a twist. ; What if the 'man' that Kate has to get back too is not Sawyer (as one would assume) but rather; Ben and Sawyer is in the coffin?!? ; I mean her being hooked up with Sawyer and Ben in the coffin is just too obvious for this show.

Ben had a thing for Kate (think back when he gave her the pretty dress), I can see him being controlling enough that she was worried about getting back to him and if memory serves me correct, Sawyer had no friends or family so I can see him having such funeral arrangements as well. On top of that, it would make sense for Jack to say 'neither' to the question of 'friend of family' regarding Sawyer (due to their differences and relationship with Kate) and I can see Kate saying "why would I go to his funeral" to Jack if they had a bad falling out.

7. amw

amw Member

Hhmmm... I think the 'man' is yet to be known -someone else involved in the island conspiracy. Someone's who best interest is to keep the whole thing quiet. ; I kind of don't think it's Ben or Sawyer. I don't think Sawyer is one of the "six." But, the "six" only refers to 815 survivors. More non-flight people could have come home from the island too.

Here's another question. What happened to the remaining others? Not Ben, not Juliette, not the guys by the beach ... but the remaining townspeople? Like that guy that never ages ... there has to be more to that story too. ???

How off-topic are we ?!? I guess Disney... ABC... it all works ; ;D

8. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

We're not THAT off topic, I mean they DO sell LOST merchandise at the Tower of Terror store!! ; ;)

Ooooh...I like the idea that the 'man' is yet to be known. ; I looooove Sawyer, but I have a hard time believing he is one of the six as well.

Speaking of numbers; did you know that Jack and Rose were seated in row 23 of the plane and Ana Lucia was in 42? ; Also, the flight number 815, has two of those six dreaded numbers (obviously 8 and 15). ; And they keep referring to 'Oceanic six', there are 6 numbers...

Do you mean the people (and children) that the Others kidnapped? ; If so; they are all living with the others...or at least they were. ; Not sure how many others are left. ;

As for the 'guy that never ages' - you mean Captain Jack Sparrow? ; I call him that 'cause of the eyeliner. ; ;D ; I KNOW!!! ; I want to know more about his agenda...

9. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

What if 4 8 15 16 23 42 is (481) 516-2342? Anyone try and call it?

10. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Yep, nothing, nadda...zip.

Yes, I need help. ;D

11. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

I could of told you that :)

12. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Should we play these numbers in Super 7 & 6/49?

I don't mind buying the first round.

13. amw

amw Member

From last night's show....

Ben must be mighty powerful to get Sayid under his thumb!

14. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Ya i am trying to figure out that one! Also i don't i like the fact that i know only six people live! WTD = What the Disney

15. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

I love this show!

Ben is my hero. ; Ben being in control at the end was just the freakin coolest! I was expecting the 'gloved surgeon' to be Jack's dad. I love Ben and his character, SO glad that there is still MUCH more to learn about him...

I think you hit the nail on the head amw when you said that there is something 'fuzzy' with the time and place of the island. ; To me your theory was proven in last night's ep when the clock from the boat was an hour different than the time on the island.

I was thinking when Sawyer said to Kate something about "what do you have to get back too - handcuffs?". about the 'flash forward' of her and Jack. When she said "I have to go, he'll wonder where I am" <- what if the 'him' is not a character we know, but rather someone along the lines of a probation officer.

During that scene, I was also thinking...what do ANY of these characters have to go home to? Perhaps this is part of the reason they were 'chosen' for the island? Jack has nobody (dad died, wife left him, loved NOTHING more than his work) Kate is heading to jail, we know Sawyer's deal, Locke's dad stole his kidney, Jin and Sun had a marriage of lies and deception etc. Almost as if life is better on the island for them.

As for lotto tickets for the numbers...I double dog dare you. ; Do you know how many things have gone wrong for Hurley since he played those numbers?!? ; ;D

16. amw

amw Member

It's not that six live ... the rest of the "survivors" are left behind. That's why Hurley feels haunted to go back in his flashforward. ; ... but are they left "behind" or in a different, suspended time?

What if the people in the flashforward (the infamous 6) don't really belong to that time and place, and hence their lives become truely messed up. I know the creators said these people were not dead on the island ( ie purgatory) but ??? ; ??? It'll be at least 2 more years before we know anything for sure ; :'(

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what Ben could possibly hold on Sayid ... I didn't take Sayid as the type to really care about the remaining survivors leaving the island. That's why he chose to stay with Jack's group and not Locke's. ;

Interesting!

I think this is the only show where I watch the recap episode right before the new episode, and it still feels fresh and new. At the end of all this, we'll have to sit through all the episodes to see how they got to that end.

17. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

WOW!

At first I thought she said "Eric" and I'm like "who the heck is Eric?" But then the blonde hair and all sunk in "Aaron"!!

So, they made a deal to get off the island and that deal included baby Aaron. Hummm. All of the 'Oceanic Six' lied their butts off to get off the island (as this was clear from Jack's testimony). ; Makes sense now that Jack was afraid Hurley told someone the truth. Double humm...what if the rest of them all had to die in order for a select few to survive? Hummm...

I'm convinced now that when Kate said "I have to go Jack, he'll wonder where I am" was in reference to a probabtion officer or something of the like.

Oh and can I just say that I love Ben?!? He's the best part of this show...err...aside from Josh Holloway of course. When he said "3.2 million? Why not 3.3 or 3.4?", I was dying! Too funny!!

18. amw

amw Member

I think she was referring to the(her) child. She obviously doesn't live with another male survivor, and she did want Jack to come home with her in this flashforward.

I'm still trying to wrap myself around the Sayid/Ben liason. Ben said that Sayid was under his control as long as he wanted to keep the rest safe. That indicates that the remaining survivors should still be alive on the island -- albeit a secret from the remaining public who think only "8" survived the crash ... who are the other 2 that didn't make it home?! I think Claire is one of them. She survived the crash to have baby Aaron, but will die at some point and Kate takes the baby ; ??? He is not considered one of the 6 because he wasn't born before the flight.

There's definitely something about time and location ... the rocket being off ... having to keep to the same Bearing no matter what. I think more of this will be explored this season.

Ultimately, all the answers lie with Ben.

19. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Absolutely!

I too am trying to wrap my head around the Sayid/Ben liason. ; That AND the 'lie' that Jack tells on the stand...

20. Who will be your constant.........

Yet again a great episode. The attention to detail is so great. Did everyone catch that the book at the auction was owned by the Hanso foundation and was from the Black Rock, this is the ship that is land locked........

We are more than half way thru the season and things are still as confused as ever.........

Any theories from the trailer what will happen next week?