What is he holding?

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Bob D., May 4, 2009.

1. Bob D.

Bob D. Member

Any idea what he is holding?

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

A wicker bag.

I've seen an orangutan playing with a burlap bag at the San Diego Zoo before.
    [​IMG]

Couldn't get a good angle.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Looks like a burlap bag...maybe something the food comes in. ; These guys do love props - they'll play around with any odd thing. ; Last time there, I caught one playing with his water dish on his head, walking all over the pen with it:

[​IMG]

4. Roger

Probably it! ; I think at the San Diego Zoo there was arugula or something in it.

5. Bob D.

Bob D. Member

Amazing photos :) ; ; I usually pass right by these guys, I'll have to watch a little closer when I'm at Animal Kingdom in a few weeks.

I love the water dish :)

Bob

6. Roger

If you can, go there first thing in the morning. ; It seems that most guests go for the safari, and the gorillas are getting breakfast, so they're out, esp. before more guests arrive. ; I did that once, and there were more CMs on the trail than guests.

And I pissed off the alpha. ; Moved a little too fast.

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I had Mr. Alpha stare me down, mock charge me, and beat on his chest with a huge call out. ; I wasn't doing anything special - but I was the only one there at the time, and I stayed in one place watching him - the CM came over and mentioned that I was being challenged. ; Big guy, dark colored shirt...he might have thought I was a new male coming to challenge for his women!

8. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Maybe it was a signal it was time to shave. ; Being 5'3", I highly doubt I'll ever give an alpha male the idea that I'm a challenge

9. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I dont know Ray, you are built just like the gorillas, just too red-headed! :p

10. mPower

mPower Member

Why do I sense a new 'letting your hair down' shoot for Pixelmania? :)

11. Bob D.

Bob D. Member

Roger,

Thanks for the tip. ; I usually head directly to Expedition Everest when the park opens. ; I like to ride that three or four times before any line forms :)

I'll try not to challenge any alpha's, though :) ; LOL

Bob