We are going to disney!

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by weemcp, Apr 18, 2010.

1. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

so, for years my in-laws have planned to take us to disney when our son was a bit older. DH and I decided that we wanted to go next winter (no need to take DS out of school, baby wont be on solids yet - only nursing so no bottles or food to worry about etc).

So, we were going to go just the 4 of us.

My MIL and I went shopping aweek ago and it came up, and she said that they still wanted to take us - and then she was talking to hubby and said the same thing!

We are hoping to go end of jan/beginning feb. She mentioned getting a 2 bedroom suite at bay lake towers. I looked at it online and it seems pretty nice, anyone have any info on it?

I am so excited! Our 5 yr anniversary is feb 4, so it will be nice to celebrate it where we honeymooned!

2. highland3

highland3 Member

No info on the accomodations...

But... hooray for you!!!!! ; Let the intense planning begin!!!! ; ; ;D

3. obo101

obo101 Member

I have my DVC membership for the Bay Lake Tower. ; It is a beautiful villa, but likely the most expensive of all the properties in the Villa range. ; I stayed at Saratoga Springs during our visit in October and enjoyed a 2 bedroom. ; Great space and the resort was excellent.

i think any two bedroom you choose will be worth the $$. ; They are all excellent choices.

4. weemcp

Do you have to have DVC to stay there? or can anyone?

5. obo101

obo101 Member

Anyone can book into the villas at any resort. ; No DVC required.

6. You can book the villas like any other hotel room! ; Pretty cool.

7. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

it might be cheaper to rent the points from someone and have them book it for you.

8. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Oh that is so exciting. ; You will have a wonderful time and I am sure you will get familar with all the baby care centres in the parks! ;

9. weemcp

so after some more talking, looks like it is a definite go!

We need to cover our airfare and passes, and they are going to cover the hotel. Hoping we can book bay lake towers - we want to be on the monorail.

And, if we leave during the week - there are direct flights there and back with westjet! Thank Goodness - I did not want to be worrying about transfers with 2 kids.....hubby doesn't travel very well, and really hates flying, so the quicker and easier the better. Since I won't be working, and hubby works for his dad who will be with us, we have no limits on when we leave!!!

Starting to get REALLY excited! Now we just have to plan the dates - I want to go beginning of feb, they want to go end. I am hoping to convince them that the $400/night difference in the hotels isn't worth paying - and to go earlier

10. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Just wondering how your planning is going?

11. weemcp

IL's just got back last night from a cruise - and we were quickly talking.
    We haven't planned/booked anything just yet, but we will be leaving either Feb 1 or 2! Flights are pretty cheap right ; now, and direct from Ottawa it will cost the 4 of us $1495 taxes in. When we first looked, it was going to be close to $3500 - big difference!

12. weemcp

So freaking excited! MIL was over yesterday and we talked about our trip = she is booking it tomorrow!

The plan is to relax at the hotel and have supper at the cafeteria maybe the first night, we are hoping to get ressies at crystal palace for breakfast the next day and spend that day at MK! Other than that we have nothing firm planned. I told her that we need to make a few dinner reservations now because there are some restaurants that I want to take Julien to (coral reef - he will love the aquarium) and the sci-fi diner.

Is the arcade still open at DD? We aren't sure if we should get teh waterparks option on our passes (we won't go to the waterparks, but would take him to the arcade - so I need to figure out the admission price to the arcade and the difference in the passes with the optin, and what is cheaper)

13. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I see that Disneyquest is still open. ; Here are the hours: Hours of operation are as follows:
    Sunday - Thursday: 11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
    Friday - Saturday: 11:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. ;

It is a great spot to find something to do for everyone.

Have you thought about taking the kids to Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue? ; With Mickeys the food is buffet style and the kids to get to dance and interact with the characters. ; Hoop dee doo is a bit more adult, but so much fun!

14. weemcp

i just got a pin for 40% off hotel for ; the time we r travelling

15. weemcp

we weren't able to use the pin - but my MIL was able to add the free dining on to our reservation!

We may do mickeys backyard bbq - not sure, have to talk to hubby. I don't think we will do hoop de doo though