Water Parks and your good camera

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Scubamickey, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Scubamickey

Scubamickey Member

Do any of you take your SLR to the water parks? ; If you do, do you opt out of the water for the day or put it in a locker? ; I ask because I like to have fun shooting in the WP but don't want to waste a day ticket for just taking photos. ; I want to go in the water too. ; And on our next trip its just my husband and I. ; So no one really to watch the camera while you go into the water. ; And sadly I don't have a water proof case. ; But maybe I should put it on my wish list. ; :D

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i take my canon g10 with the underwater housing. ; much as i would love to take the big camera, i am not brave enough to risk that one.

3. Scubamickey

Scubamickey Member

I like your idea. I have a Canon g5 and Nikon Cool Pix 7600. ; What kind of underwater housing do you use? ;

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I actually spent a good part of the day a few weeks back going to SWSA's water "land" and didn't bring a camera....but it was making me want to have one of the newer waterproof video Flip-style camcorders....

5. Scubamickey

Scubamickey Member

Its funny that you say that. ; I have looked at waterproof camera lately. ; We had such a great time at the wp last time. ; I did have a disposable camera with me, but thats not the same.