Uninvited Guest

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by prettypixie, Dec 19, 2008.

1. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

We recently had an univited guest. He should be hibernating somewhere. I guess since it snows one day and is in upper 70's the next, he might be a little confused. He was in the track of our sliding door and became stuck between the two when we opened them.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Definitely not something I'd like to find going out my door at night

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

yeah. no good.

4. Paul

Paul Member

snakes, why did it have to be snakes...thats looks a lot bigger than the kind we find here in our yard

5. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

He was about an inch and a half in diameter and about three feet long.

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

wow! yuck!

7. Deniz

Deniz Member

ooooo, I'm getting freaked out just seeing the picture.

8. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

egads. I forgot about the weather change. Which probably means more of these in the house:

[​IMG]

It's been a while since we've had a snake.

9. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

I'm glad we don't have to worry too much about those here- scorpions are one thing I do NOT miss about living in southern California!

10. Roger

They haven't come out that direction yet? I didn't have any until moving to TX.

11. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

It's pretty rare to see them around here which is fine with me! :)

12. Dan

Dan Member

Illinois has boring geography for the most part, but I just think of stuff like this when I start pining for the realms of more varied topography. I actually have seen two snakes this past year, which is amazing, in the roughly 20 years that I'd lived here before that I never saw one. But we have nothing venomous, at least not until you go far South. So far as I know we have no deadly spiders, no scorpions... just deer ticks laden with Lyme disease.

13. Roger

Well Dan, the armadillos are heading north...so they'll give the possums a run for their money at night.

14. ...and secadas that fall from the trees every 7 years. I know what you mean by boring. I live in ROLLING Meadows...*looks around*...looks pretty flat to me!