Transportation to Universal

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by PGFamily, Jun 8, 2011.

1. PGFamily

PGFamily Member

For our May 2012 trip (yes, I'm already planning it!), our kids would like to spend a day at the Harry Potter park at Universal. ; We will be staying for the duration of the trip at a Disney DVC resort. ; What is the best way to get from a Disney resort to Universal for the day if we don't rent a car? ;

I've read that a cab ride is expensive and that the "link" busses are very time consuming. ; Is there not a shuttle that leaves from Disney and goes directly to Universal? ; I know that Disney doesn't want to have anyone leave their property, but it's just for a day...honest!

2. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Take a look at http://www.disneymagic.ca/transportation.php at the bottom you will see a link for info on Mears.

But the best way to do it, Rent a car at the Alamo on WDW property with a GPS and drive down, total cost would be 40 to 50 bucks and gives you the control on when you go and leave.

3. PGFamily

PGFamily Member

Thanks! ; There are 5 of us, so I think the rental would be much cheaper than paying for the shuttle anyway not to mention the flexibility. ; Plus, we could go to an Olive Garden for supper - a huge treat for us Ontarians...