Tiger Alert

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Scottwdw, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

[​IMG]

Nikon D70/80-400VR, 1/50s, f/5.6, ISO 200, EV +0.3, 400mm focal length (uncropped)

2. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Beautiful!

3. Paul

Paul Member

Nice shot Scott! When I saw the tigers, they looked like the sleeping cowardly lion from the wizard of oz, on their back and all fours up in the air.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Being cats, they do sleep a lot. I was lucky as most were moving around for the first 15 minutes while I was there. When I left, they were all in various sleeping poses. :)

[​IMG]

This one was just getting ready to close his eyes.

[​IMG]

5. goofy101

goofy101 Member

Beautiful

6. Kiki

Kiki Member

Great shots of the tigers! Love the first one especially.

7. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

If you shot those through the scuffed up and dirty plexiglass windows, you got some really nice shots. Mine always come out looking like they were shot on a foggy day

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The original post and the last photo were taken through the glass. The middle one was taken from the water fountain overlook area.

The first one is a bit soft due to slow shutter speed, hand holding a big heavy lens and the glass. VR saved that one.

The last one is not as sharp as it should be due to the glass. For that one, I was perpendicular to the glass with the lens almost touching it to keep reflections down.

9. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Scott, IMHO the last one actually front focused. His/her paw is in focus.

[attachment=1]

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Now that you've pointed that out, Roger, certainly looks like it did...wonder if I had my focus point there for some reason. Will have to check when I get home and pull it into ViewNX which can tell me. I don't think Ap2 can do that. The D70 only has five...center, left, right, top, bottom. Sigh...I really do need to upgrade in 2009.

11. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Sometimes I miss having only 5 focus points. But I think only the manufacturer's software will show the focus points. I'm just glad that Leopard has a built-in screen capture tool that makes it easy to copy it!

12. MauiMouse

MauiMouse Member

Sweet picture! :-*