Theming and Details - the Best

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by zackiedawg, Mar 12, 2009.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

When it comes to theming and details, it's hard to beat Animal Kingdom. Everything Disney learned from their other parks, all of the continuing improvements from Disneyland to Magic Kingdom to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, seems to have reached the acme at Animal Kingdom. Whether close up, obvious or tucked away, distant, on the ground, on the roofs, be it the lighting or the guard and handrails, the seating, the architecture, the landscaping...it is such a fully immersive experience. Of all the parks, it's probably my favorite to try to shoot with as little park-guest interference as possible, and avoiding those small breaks from the illusion like trash cans, ride signs, and stores, whenever possible.

Here are some of my favorite shots of the theming and details in Animal Kingdom, with as little interference as possible from people or illusion-busting objects:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's certainly tough to get shots without park guests in them, or some piece of them (baby carriages especially...they're everywhere!)...and without the ubiquitous Disney garbage cans, ride signs, or too-well-paved sidewalks or streets. But it's possible at all the Disney parks, and for me, best at Animal Kingdom.

Feel free to share any that you've managed to keep the illusion of not being in a theme park - and captured the magnificent details of this park!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

well said and beautiful pics. could not agree more.

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots Justin! I never used to like this park, but as I have gotten into photography, I have come around to see that this is simply a beautiful place. I love trying to take photo's here, as you do, with as little park guest interference as possible.

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

For photography, Animal Kingdom is my favorite between all the animals, birds and cool things to see.

[​IMG]

5. WDWmemories

WDWmemories Member

Terrific pictures! DSK isn't my favorite, but you make some great points about the theming.

6. zackiedawg

Thanks Tim & Polynesianmedic.

Very nice addition Scott...a nice detail shot, with no interference (and a great reflection too).

WDWmemories - I always loved it as the animal freak that I am...I could see if folks weren't as into animals that maybe it wouldn't be as fun. However, from a photography standpoint, it really offers amazing opportunities, and also once you've gone to the parks alot and don't necessarily always hit the rides and entertain the family, DAK becomes a great place to find rest and relaxation, little hidden offshoots, quiet eating areas, a great bar, and a relaxed pace.

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Add me to the list of satisfied customers. I think I've taken more shots in DAK on my last three trips than in the other three parks combined.

8. zackiedawg

Photographer's paradise, isn't it Dennis!?

Hope to have a great shoot/walk there during Pixelmania!

9. goofmick

goofmick Member

Great shots Justin!!

10. zackiedawg

Thanks Goofmick!