The new Fantasia Gift Shop at the Contemporary Resort

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Craig, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Part of the remodel at the Contemporary included moving the Food and Fun Center to the 4th floor Grand Canyon Concourse. They moved the game room into the space that held Fantasia Gift Shop. The new Fantasia Gift Shop is now located right in the middle of the Grand Canyon Concourse.
    The first photo is the main doorway located on either end of the new shop.
    The second two are part of a Christmas Display that was located just inside the doorway.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. gary

gary Member

nice photos, and thanks for the post, we went to the contemporary this year, we always take a half day or so on our mousefest trip just to make the resort rounds to see the decorations, particularly the gingerbread/chocolate/pastry kitchen displays, i got so wrapped up in taking photos of gepetto i never did check out the new store/display, as i sat on the monorail, pulling away wondering, oh look at the big set of mousears, just like a doorway

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Thanks for the shots Craig. Amazing how much it can change in 1 year. Is that monorail the same scale as the toy one?

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

thanks guys.
    Roger, those are actually the same toys and parts of the same track pieces! Even the monorails are the same toys!!
    Or at least they all look the same.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i really like the mickey cutout arch in the front of this store. anything mickey is ok in my book.

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Agreed, The cut out entrance is a neat look, but that mountain with the monorail's around it is really cool!