The Epcot Thing - 5 Years Later

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]On October 1, 2007, Epcot celebrated its 25th anniversary. ; Although it was originally planned to be of little fanfare, the energy and dedication of the Disney fan communities led to some special events throughout the day. ; One group, known as Celebration 25, amassed a huge gathering and had a great time. ; Another group, The Magical Definition Podcast, decided to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Epcot in their own way.

At the time, I was a podcaster with Magical Definition and we wanted to come up with something fun, zany, and memorable. ; With the help of some awesome special guests and honored attendees, we did just that. ; We even went all out and came up with our own special name for the day, The Epcot Thing. ; Ok, so we didn’t exactly hire a P.R. firm to come up with the name, but it was short, sweet, and descriptive so we ran with it.

Let’s take a stroll down memory lane and relive some of the fun moments of that day.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE. ;
    PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS ON THE ARTICLE PAGE!

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I totally remember living this with you guys via listening to the podcast! ; I had just gotten into listening to Podcasts and yours was one I listened to. ; Thanks for posting the article, it was fun to "relive" that.

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice article. ; What was the answer to the pop quiz?

4. Tim

Its posted at the bottom of the article.

5. Tim

John, glad you enjoyed it. ; It was a wild, crazy day.

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Now I see it... I don't know how I missed it earlier