Sunrise at the Contemporary

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Craig, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

"Sunrise" at the Contemporary! ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

The more I look at it Craig the better it gets! I love the treatment! Would probably be great on a t-shirt!

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

That's about as close as I'll likely ever get to seeing one - so thanks for making it so dramatic!

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nice work Craig! That looks really cool!

5. Craig

thanks guys!

Roger, thats the look I was going for, like a travel poster, thanks!

6. goofy101

goofy101 Member

Great work Craig

7. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Great work Craig. I agree with Roger about the t-shirt idea.

8. Craig

thanks guys!

9. gary

gary Member

that is really nice

10. goofmick

goofmick Member

Awesome!!

11. Craig

thanks again!

12. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

So when will we see the shirt?

13. Dan

Dan Member

14. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I thought it felt a little familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. ; Nice catch Dan! Hakuna Matata!

15. gary

gary Member

on that topic, never, ever, ever pass up the chance to see ladysmith black mombaza in concert
    last time i saw them they did 2 standout bring you to your feet numbers, this and a smoking version of the lion sleeps tonight
    anyone that's a fan of vocal harmony needs to see this troupe

16. zackiedawg

Ladysmith is fantastic...I'm glad Joseph Shabalala came back after quitting when his brother was killed. ; Of course, Lion Sleeps Tonight was originally an African song, Mbube, back in the 1940's before Pete Seeger 'Englishized' it. ; For anyone not familiar with Ladysmith Black Mambazo by name, they were heard extensively on Paul Simon's Graceland album.

17. gary

gary Member

that's the album that that got me interested initially in their music, their vocal tradition is that of the swazi story telling through song, instead of written histories

18. zackiedawg

That Paul Simon album is on my very short list of 'perfect' albums...one of the 5 I would take with me to a desert island if I could take only 5! ; (Along with U2's "Joshua Tree", Lyle Lovett's "Lyle Lovett and his Large Band", The The's "Soul Mining", and The Waterboys' "Fisherman's Blues"). ; Though I'd beg for more than 5, because there are a few more just off the list I'd like to bring too (Pogues, Beatles, Cure, Clash...to name a few!). ; But if it had to be 5, those are the ones. ; And Graceland is a definite!