Southwest to Buy Airtran

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by Ham Ham, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

2. This may result in less flights from Buffalo to Orlando ; :'( ; but I hope this is going to result in more.

3. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

One of the main reasons southwest will buy AirTran is so they will have access to the routes that have been assigned to them in the skys. Meaning Southwest will be able to fly or reassign the routes where they see fit.

4. I hope they keep the Airtran flight from Harrisburg to Orlando. That flight has been fantastic for me as I haven't had to worry about changing planes in Philly, DC or Charlotte.

Maybe the route will stay....minus the baggage fees. I can only hope.

5. realfam

realfam Member

Great news Hamham........

Most of our bookings lately have been with Southwest (with our most recent purchase for the marathon $84 direct incl everything)... ; This means no $15 charges per bag and if anything more flights out of Buffalo. ; Actually Southwest has been increasing ; there flights.
    So let me get this straight, the airline with the most reasonable rates (notice I did not say cheapest), seems to be the most profitable and buying up its competitors in the US. ; Does this mean that our beloved Air Canada and other canadian airlines have just been ripping us off for years and ben extremely mismanaged with poor staff that do not understnd the meaning of customer service!!!!

Good for Southwest!!!!! ; I'm happy for them....maybe other airlines will eventually learn something from them

6. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Westjet ftw

7. realfam

realfam Member

Just received emails from both Southwest and Airtran confirm the deal and they both included this link to fiind out more info as it happens

Check it out

http://www.lowfaresfarther.com/