Short line tactics....

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by RedOctober25, May 14, 2013.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I am disgusted with this for two reasons: the first one is the exploitation of handicapped folks and the second one is for the newspaper printing it and basically advertising this so other unscrupulous people can jump in on the fun. This makes things worse for everyone across-the-board as we all know Disney has a tendency to drop Adam bombs on anthills when it generates them bad publicity.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Disneyland has been dealing with this for a very long time. Mainly it's been people renting wheelchairs, getting an SA pass, and then ditching the wheelchair.

They fought back by eliminating the back door access for the pass.
    They have done it by quietly redoing the queues so that you don't need to go down the exit to get wheelchair access to the attractions.

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

On a "good news" flip side, it sounds as if parts of this story have been blown waay out of proportion. ; The "tour" company mainly deals with special needs clientele so part of it is semi-legit (though still a black market tour company) and one of their guides does use a scooter. ; So really it just comes down to if the "guide" uses her scooter to cut th wait time down. ; One of the rich uppity clients mention a two and a half hour wait for IASW, which I really find hard to believe, so I guess we wait until the full truth comes out.

Sent by using Tapatalk...

5. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

This is only one aspect when you hire a Disney tour guide they do the same thing even though officially they say they wait in the regular lines. My wife an I followed a family one morning and saw at least at three attractions where the guide and family using the fast pass line without fast passes. We lost them after that because we were in regular line. Disney is becoming an elitist resort and fast pass plus is going to make it even worse.