renting a stroller

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by weemcp, Nov 7, 2010.

1. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

WE don't want to lug our stroller with us through the airport; or check it on the plane either. My MIL found a company online that rents (orlandostrollerrentals.com) - so we are going to rent a double (that way if Juliens legs get tired or he needs a little break there is a place for him too).

Has anyone ever used them before? The reviews I have found online are all positive - just wondered if any of you have ordered from them?

2. Ariel2

Ariel2 Member

I havent rented myself but heard great things about this company.
    I did check it out and did find that it is still kind of expensive.
    Maybe you can buy a cheaper stroller or one from craiglist that can be cheaper than the rentals?

3. realfam

realfam Member

We always bring our own. ; For what they charge to rent them from Disney or an outside company we feel it is way too expensive. ; Same with car seats, the car rental places charge $15 a day on top of the rental. ; Thats another $105 that could be spent elsewhere.
    One of things we have considered is buying a cheap stroller from Walmart for $20 -$30 and just leave it behind. ; Our DD likes having her own stuff from home and I think something familiar helps relax her when she gets a little crazy (which happens to all little ones in Disney parks)

4. weemcp

We are comfortable paying the price to rent it - I was just curious about the company.

5. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

if you want go to walmart and pickup one for 20 bucks .. its all you need and you will save cash

6. weemcp

I want a stroller with REALLY good support, and find the cheap ones are pretty flimsy. We won't be leaving WDW property, and I don't want to bring one with us through airports etc.

7. realfam

realfam Member

You may find taking a stroller through an airport to be a good thing because with airport being extremely busy busy places (especially MCO), you can put the littles ones strapped in and you know they are in there secureand you can focus on other things. ; If they are free to walk about you need to worry about them running here and there. ; Airports scare me more than any where else with small children. ; We are so paranoid, one of us focus on kids only and the other deals with everything else.
    I do agree with you in having a great stroller, thats why we always take our Peg. ; I usually take a bungie cord to hold it all together when closed. ; We dropped it off when boading the plane and then magically re-appears when we get off. ; Actually very conveinent. ; Arre you renting a car or taking magical express?

8. weemcp

The baby will be in my ERGO carrier, and there are 4 adults so I am not worried about my older son. ; We will be taking magical express from the airport to WDW

9. realfam

realfam Member

Good call on the magical express, we love using it. ; Another tip that might make things a little easier. ; Order from Garden Grocer some food, drinks, snacks, diapers (less to carry in your luggage), etc. ; They bring it right to your room. ; If your not there when they deliver, bell services will receive it and refridgerate it. ; The cost is not to bad. ; I believe $12 for delivery and the items are a little higher than normal, but a hell of alot cheaper than what you pay in the resorts. ; They will also deliver beer and wine. ; We love using them when we don't get a car.
    Don't ya just love palnning trips, its have the fun for me

10. weemcp

Grocery delivery was my next question - thank you very much. I had no intention of bringing diapers for a week with us!