POTD ~ Until I'm There Again Part IV

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by NanasMama, Aug 30, 2012.

1. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

I can't wait to go back to WDW! It's just about a month until my next trip. I'm already starting my costume and toy box for the kids. Getting gifts ready for my Fairy Grandmother benefactor. If it weren't for her we'd not get to go once a year, or more.

I've got my ADRs ready and I'm hoping to use my Nikon more on this trip. My 2 year old is getting to be a little less hands on, and I'm learning that my DH is a wonderful help at the parks. I really enjoyed going through my February 2012 pictures. DH is smiling in the background of nearly all of them. I'm all caught up on my digital scrapbooking. I can't WAIT to take more pictures!

I used my little point and shoot almost exclusively on our last trip. I really wanted to be more in the moment and not carry around a big camera. I had the best time. And my pictures are not the best technically. And that's o.k. That little $60 camera is waterproof and went on all the rides with me. My daughter took a bunch of pictures on the way down documenting the ride. I went on Kali River Rapids and took lots of pictures. It. Was. Awesome.

For this countdown I'm going to do something a little different and post some of my scrapbook pages from the last trip.
    Here's my trip on Kali River Rapids!
    [​IMG]

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool Amanda! ; Do you do it all digitally or the old fashioned way? ; I think I may have asked you this a while ago but forgot.

3. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

These are all digital. I should probably put the credits for each one.

Kali River Rapids Credits:
    Program: Photoshop Elements 9
    Template: Yin
    Alpha: Designs by Kat
    Font: 1942 Report
    All other papers and embellishments: Captivated Visions ~ A Splash of Summer

Some of my other layouts are posted online at digital scrapbooking shops. Would it be o.k. to link to those galleries for the credits?

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

A month from now...will you be there on the September 29th?

5. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

No :(. We always go the week of Columbus Day. But don't tell anyone ;). We're annual passholders this year and I am DYING to get back. I've spent the evening looking at customized t-shirts. I'm in trouble here guys. Hey ... I've got an iPhone now. I am loving the camera on it for quick shots especially in good light. For low light nothing beats a fast lens. Are there any pictures on here of Disney with an iPhone? I'm off to do a search!

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I take tons of Disney Photos with my iphone. ; Comes in real hand for those quick shots where you dont want to pull out your full gear. ; and with the number of photography apps, you can get some great shots. ; The first two photos are from my easter trip to disneyland and straight out of the camera. ; The second two photos were taken with an app called ProHDR.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

7. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Those are cool! Thank you! I did some searching and can't find a thread on just iPhone/cell phone pictures in the parks. Maybe I'll start one :). I did find a bunch of hashtags on Instagram, but they seem to be mostly not taken ACTUALLY in the parks. That's what I'm interested in. We'll see how it works when I get there!

Here's my page for today. I'm always thinking about that ride down. It's straight interstate now!
    [​IMG]

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

There is a forum category under "all other photos" that is listed as "non park / mobile phone photos". ; From there you'd have to look at each thread to see if were a mobile photo or just a non park photo.

But the apps are definitely what makes phone photography unique. ; Here are a couple from an Instagram-like app...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (taken last year at my hometown's summer carnival)

9. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Those are very cool! I'll definitely check out that part of the forum. Disney pictures make me happy :).

Here's today's layout. I love our resort. These are some of the only pictures I took with my D50. I hope to use it more this time!
    [​IMG]

10. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

I see I missed yesterday. My grandma was visiting! That's my children's great-grandmother. It was awesome :).

Here's my layout for today. We always got o Shades of Green to get our tickets. Although this year we are annual passholders, so we won't be going to SoG on this trip! Straight to the parks for me :). I. Can't. Wait.
    [​IMG]

11. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Good morning! I had company this weekend. It was good. We're having a nice bit of rain right now. Woke up to cloudy skies and a bit of thunder. It will be a good day to get some of the consignment stuff together that I need to do. Monday is drop off!

I'd rather think about Disney. We are going in October of 2012 and again in January of 2013. I made ADRs last night for the trip in January. Chef Mickey's!!!

Wow. Photobucket is NOT loading this morning. I'm not sure what's up with that.

In February we went to One More Disney Day at Magic Kingdom. This time we're planning to spend a considerable amount of time in the Magic Kingdom for Noah, my 2 year old. I can't wait to see him play and have fun and ride rides :). I don't have much to say about One More Disney Day except we had a fantastic time during the day. After Wishes things got a little dicey. We nearly didn't make it out alive, LOL! What a mess. That was the first true crowd control failure that I've seen at WDW. But the daytime was awesome!

And now Photobucket is down. I'll take a break and come back and try to post ...
    [​IMG]

12. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Yesterday I found my son's pressed penny book. I got some change together to get more. I still have consignment stuff to work on and gotta keep track of those kids. Today should be an interesting day. I think I'll work for a while on the consignment stuff and then play tonight making some shirts for WDW :).

Last night we watched Wishes and Hallowishes on YouTube. So here's my page for today! My pictures are terrible, but we had the best time :). And like my husband says, a bad picture is better than no picture!
    [​IMG]

13. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

I guess there's something to be said for quantity over quality, LOL!
    [​IMG]

14. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

We are going to definitely try out the new Phineas and Ferb Agent P game at World Showcase in EPCOT. And I'd love to know how much the new P&F experience costs at Downtown Disney. We love, love, love Phineas and Ferb!

[​IMG]

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I thought the downtown Disney thing was free as you just send yourself a green-screened email postcard.

16. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Thanks, Red! I certainly hope so :). My kids will be extraordinarily happy! Just as happy as when my daughter gets to see Stitch :).

[​IMG]

17. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Here we are at one of our favorite meals!

[​IMG]

18. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

24 Days!!! I found an Animal Kingdom Mickey Mouse hat at a consignment sale for $2.50! So excited :). My daughter is planning which hat/outfit to wear each day while we are gone.

Here's a 2 pager about saving Little Red one last time.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  19. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I got a chuckle out of that; during our honeymoon my wife made it a point to take of picture of me wearing a hat related to the area/land we were in at the time. ; Wonderful memories.

20. NanasMama

NanasMama Member

Roger, that made me smile :). Man. I love Disney. I've done quite a bit of planning for clothes this time, too. My 2year old is just old enough to be getting into costumes. So I have a ton now! Sully, a pirate, a prince/frog reversible cape, a dragon cape, Peter Pan and lots of hats. We are going to have so much fun! I need to make him a red robe to wear with the sorcerer Mickey hat!

[​IMG]