Pop Century

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by DisneyGeek92, Nov 6, 2007.

1. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I like this picture except for the light coming from the yo' yo'. Does anybody know if and how I can get rid of this?

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. Scott

Scott Member

I like that picture too. I've never stayed at Pop Century, is it any good?

You can easily remove the light by using the clone function in software. Most photo software has something that does that. Or you could crop out a little of the right side and not lose much from your photo.

3. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Thanks, pop is my favorite value resort. I stayed at All Star Sports in June and it was bad. If you are going to a value stay at Pop.

4. mousefan

mousefan Member

Pop is easily the best value resort.
    I thought I had a pic floating around somewhere.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

5. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

That's really nice. That picture looks amazing.

6. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

That's where I'll be staying in Feb.

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i've been to all-star music a twice this year and pop cent. last year and they seemed very much alike to me. not bad places to stay, but certainly not DVC level either, esp. if you have the family with you. that being said, i would rather be at a value resort that off property or not there at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  8. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

None of the value resorts are anywhere near on par with a deluxe, DVC or even moderate. I like pop just because it's newer. It just feels cleaner to me. By the way I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside at that was a really nice resort.

9. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Actually my wife and I stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort for our honeymoon.

All-Star Sports was the same or better IMHO. Caribbean Beach's rooms, well, did not meet what I call Disney standards yet there was no sustained effort for them to correct it even though we complained. Plus the food was the same, it was a farther walk to get food at CB, there was loud music at night....

Some of the resorts seem to be kept up better than the others.

10. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Caribbean Beach has been in need of an overhaul, in my opinion, for years. I stayed there when they were working on building the value resorts and even then there were things that needed work. I think that it has been overlooked for so long because they were building the other value and moderate resorts. I would like to hope that the current rehab of the pool leads to room rehabs as well.

11. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I think all of the moderates get a little overlooked. I've always been a big fan but not involved in the planning and didn't know about the hotels. I didn't even know the moderates existed until I became a huge Disney nerd/geek.