Polynesian Beach at night

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Tim, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Taken just before last night's fireworks.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Looks like a pretty peaceful scene. I'm sure it was still hot even at night, but much more tolerable. How were the mosquitos by the lake?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Tim

it was perfect there last night. esp. compared to now, sitting in the terminal at MCO :'(

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Ouch. Always sad to have to leave.

I'm on the other end of that spectrum - counting down the days until I'm back, on the 26th.

5. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Oh how I love the polynesian beach. I think we're going there in the next couple of weeks but just to hang out and not even go to the parks.

6. Tim

it really is a great place to hang out and decompress at night, plus a great place to watch wishes!

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Yet another reason why I love this place. Thanks for the great photo Tim!

8. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Very nice- I have never watched wishes from there- just from Ohana. We will have to try it out some time.

9. We went there to watch Wishes in May and I could have SWORN they piped the music in but there was no music! Did they stop doing this?

10. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

i cant figure it out at the Contemp either. it used to play through channel 20 or 21, but I haven't been able to find it in a while? They still pipe it up at Calif grill.

11. Channel?

They better pipe it up to Calfornia Grill - thats why we want to eat there!

12. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Sorry, on the tv, stacy is on channel 18, but on one of the other channels that WDW uses.

13. Oh I could have sworn they used to pipe in the music at the Poly beach. I think there were speakers behind the rocks...or speakers that look like rocks!

14. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

the speakers look like rocks, and are also behind the rocks. I know that they pipe it in to the Concierge Lounge, but I am not sure about the beach. I know the music from the electric water parade is heard on the beach, but I think that plays from the floats.

15. Tim

it does play from the floats. i don't recollect hearing the music being piped in but when its a still night or one with a favorable wind, you can sometimes hear the music.

16. stephen

stephen Member

Here are some of my poor attempts...

[​IMG]

The music was played on the beach last May when I took these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I found the Electric Water Pageant EXTREMELY hard to photograph... Advice?

[​IMG]

Here is my best one. But it isn't all the great...

[​IMG]