Politically correct chase in POTC

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Roger, May 13, 2009.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I've never got anything close to these (and I'm not yet satisfied!) before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I wish they had left maybe the first one with the man chasing the woman and then change all the rest.

3. Roger

I wish they didn't change that part at all! ; Or at least put it back the way it was when they did the Jack Sparrow overlay in. ; While I enjoyed the other improvements they did before the Jack Sparrow adjustment (the fort cannoneers would rise up and yell back, and there was an involved shadow sword fight on the other side of the boat/fort)....not enough to be understanding of a change for a dumb reason. ; History is what is was.

[me=Roger]channels Dennis Green[/me]

"...they are who we thought they were!..."[nb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda0lhz7BAk ; The Coors Light commercial is the best version of his quote. ; Please don't click the link if you are offended by beer, or if viewing an advertisement for beer is illegal in your state/province/county/city/country.[/nb]

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Agreed. ; While I am probably a poor citizen in today's world in that I am utterly against politically correct ANYTHING, I really would have thought that the PC brigade would at least just keep themselves busy sanitizing and editing everything from their own current world and the future of all that follow. ; I truly never thought it even possible that they'd feel the need to rewrite history and change the past to fit modern PC sensibilities. ; Sad. ; Truly sad.

I hated this change when I first heard about it - more mystified than anything else actually. ; Pirate, which by its very name implies wrongdoing - left to brandish weapons, drown men in wells, steal, plunder, get drunk, wage war against crown possessions and outposts of far off kingdoms...but NOT chase women. ; Apparently, they never did that!

5. Roger

You just have to remember it was the Empire that controlled Disney during that time. ; And now the last remnants of the Empire have been swept away.[nb]The multi-level managers, especially at TDA, are mostly gone. ; Victims of the economy.[/nb]

6. zackiedawg

Are we talking about the Eisnerian dynasty?

Glad to hear it's over. ; I guess Roy Jr had to walk off the board to prompt some action.

7. Roger

Yeah, Eisner after Frank died. ; I think it went downhill when he decided that expanding the Disney Store to impossible to maintain numbers equals qualified to run a major theme park or later a majo r high-end clothing company as CEO.[nb]Poster has never owned shares of The Gap, Inc. ; Poster has met the former CEO of said company however.[/nb]

8. zackiedawg

BTW - on the subject of Frank...I'm an avid armchair mountaineer (hey...I climb the highest ant-hills I can find here in Florida - but I once climbed in Joshua Tree and summited Whitney by the easy west face). ; Mr. Wells and Dick Bass wrote a book of their Seven Summits expeditions, becoming the first to climb the highest mountain on each continent (excepting the argument raised by Reinhold Messner that the true summit for Australasia would be Carstenz Pyramid on Papua, versus the smaller Kosciuszko in Australia). ; Great read - even though it's decades old.

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I could not agree more with the statements that you have made in regards to the PCness of the world today. ; Life is what it is ;). ; Stop letting the smallest thing bother you and move on with your life. ; Ok, I got it out of my system now. ; Thanks!