perfection in a glass

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by gary, Dec 14, 2007.

1. gary

gary Member

i put this here, although taken during mousefest 2007,it does not directly feature any of the mf participants

it's called a frozen sunshine, served only at beaches and cream, the old fashioned soda fountain/burger joint at the beach club resort, home to some of the best ice cream creations at the world, and a personal favorite of karen, so much so that this was taken about 1 hour after check in, in what has become sort of our traditional mousefest kickoff, drop the bags in the villa and head to beaches and cream for one of these

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. Lee05

Lee05 Member

Looks pretty amazing. So what exactly is in a Frozen Sunshine?

3. gary

gary Member

it's a seltzer and orange ice cream that ends up with a very thick sort of slushy consistency, tastes like a creamsicle, whipped cream on top and little tangy orange candy slices, good anytime of the day, especially good on a hot day, can be gotten to-go, although my personal preference is the served in the glass version, with the overflow waiting in one of those chilled silver metal fountain whipping containers

4. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

That looks so good! I'm not even a "slushy" kind of person and I want to try one.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

KITCHEN SINK! KITCHEN SINK! KITCHEN SINK!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  6. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Only if I plan on spending the rest of the day riding around the parks on Monorail Brown

7. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

Perfection in a glass ? That looks great, but I was expecting a glass of Joseph Phelps 1997 Insignia. Wine Spectator's James Laube scored it a 96 / 100, stating "Superrich and seductive version of this prestigious red, its layers of currant, black cherry, chocolate and ginger turning smooth and polished, with a long, intricate aftertaste. Best from 2002 through 2012. 20,000 cases made."

I'm opening one in about 20 minutes to celebrate .... well, nothing. Just because the wife and I meant to drink it on our anniversary and never got around to it and tonight we have some time. Ain't life great ?

8. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

And how much does a bottle of that cost? Do they have if at V&A?

9. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

You asked for it...you got it... (Sorry don't mean to hijack the original post)

The kitchen sink. One of 5 that the group actually ate. I thought it was kind of gross.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

10. Tim

wow... my gut is aching just looking at that pic... i made 2 attempts at the KS last summer and failed miserably. good times, only 5000+ calories.

11. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Tim,

You most likely failed because you didn't have enough mouths attacking that sucker

12. Tim

there were 4 of us each time

13. gary

gary Member

not enough dude, i feel you need at least 6 to do it right, every party of 4 i have seen make the attempt has failed, some miserably