Outer Rim Lounge at the Contemporary to close for refurb.

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Craig, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

On July 14th the Outer Rim Lounge located on the fourth floor Grand Canyon Concourse will be closed for refurbishment. While the Wave now has a much larger and modern bar, it certainly cannot beat the view of the Outer Rim. Let's hope it will be remodeled and reopened as planned. It is scheduled to be reopened in four months.

Here are a couple of pics of how it looks now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Love that bar...but it could certainly use a refurb! I do hope it continues to be a bar with a view, like it is now, but just modernized. I am slightly worried it will go 'family' since the cafeteria moved up there and the Chef Mickey is expanding - I hope it doesn't become just a kid spot.

But at the same time, as a big and tall guy, I won't lament the replacement of those couches! Much as they were fairly comfortable once sitting in them, getting out of them was almost comical - they are so low to the ground and so unbelievably soft, that part of the fun of going there is watching people use various methods of rolling, rocking, dropping to the floor on their knees, grabbing people's hands, etc to get out. That is until it's your turn - and you're now the star of everyone else's entertainment as you try to rise from it! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014