New to the boards and dSLR

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheChipMan, Nov 25, 2007.

1. TheChipMan

TheChipMan Member

Hello!

We just bought an Olympus E410 on Friday. Looking forward to learning more about shooting with dSLR. This is going to be quite an experience. My last camera was a 35mm Canon AE1. I do have a little experience with a Nikon Coolpix, but that's about it!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Scott

Scott Member

Hi Chipman,

Welcome to the boards! I've heard some good things about the E410. Let us know how you like it, and post some pictures when you can.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome to the boards ChipMan.

Ditto what Scott said. Love to see what the 4/3 system can do!

4. TheChipMan

TheChipMan Member

Thanks!
    We leave for WDW in 17 days. I am hoping to get some good shots of the castle lights and Osborne lights, as well as some fireworks and IllumiNations pics. Maybe some pics of the Christmas parade during the party, too. We were really disappointed in the quality of the shots we got of the Pirate and Princess parade in August. I can't wait to see the difference this time around. We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge so I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities there as well.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

bummer... you'll miss mousefest by about a day or two. that would have been a nice chance to meet some of the folks from here. at any rate, welcome.

6. TheChipMan

TheChipMan Member

It is tricky for us to get away in December. We were trying to miss Pop Warner, get value season hotel rates, and not have DS out of school for too many days. :) My wife plans the trips, I just go along for the ride.

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the boards! I am sure that you will learn a little something here, I know I have!