Narnia at the Franklin Institute

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by PolynesianMedic, Apr 20, 2009.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

This past week we went to the Franklin Institute to see a few exhibits that they had there. ; I was interested in seeing 2 of them in particular. ; There is one on Galileo and The Medici and one that has now closed on The Chronicles of Narnia. ; The Galileo exhibit was really interesting and worth going to see for all of you astronomy fans. ; They have gotten one of Galileo's remaining telescopes there, which apparently is the first time ever that one has left Italy. ; The astronomy part of the exhibit is very interesting to see what abilities they had. ; It truly gives you an idea of how little they had to work with, and still came up with these wonderful discoveries. ; The other exhibit, the Chronicles of Narnia was I think simply spectacular. ; I only wish that they had half of the items on display there in the DHS layout they had. ; The one problem I had with the whole thing was simply that there was NO photography allowed. ; The one and only photo opportunity that there was is this one where my son and sister-in-law decided to pose for a photo for me. ; I thought that you all might get a kick out of it.

[​IMG]

2. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Nice shot Poly, I Love their pose. I would love to see the Galileo exhibit.

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Thanks!

It was worth the trip. ; I can't wait to go back and spend some time in the planetarium.