My June Disney pics..Fantasmic

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by missjillian, Nov 16, 2007.

1. missjillian

missjillian Member

I used my 70-300 lens f/4-5.6 lens for these ( I didn't have my F/2.8 yet) So, I didn't get too many that turned out, but here's a couple of the ones that did!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

when were you there in june? rlongenbach, harra, and i were all there at the same time and commandeered a vip spot for fantasmic one of the nights... dead center next to the control booth. SAH-WEET!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. missjillian

missjillian Member

We were there June 29,30th. You guys going to be there Sat after Thanksgiving by any chance?? That's the day we're going. Hmm I don't remember what exact spot we sat in at Fantasmic. It was such a long day! I know there's an area we sat in that the VIPs were sitting in. We were sitting on ground in front of them, if I remember right. Well, what a "small world" hehehe. Oh hey, are my photo files too big? Just double checking,, I have to keep taking a break from checking out the site cause of my lil ones, and wanted to make sure my pics weren't coming across too large.

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

your pics look fine to me... i am from NJ, roger is from TX and ray is from OK, I think, so it was a very chance meeting in disneyland. have fun, though.

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nice pics Jillian

6. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Nah, going to DL during Thanksgiving is the same as going to WDW during the same time or between Christmas and New Years. Too crowded.

But you'll have plenty of room over at DCA.

Anyway on the 29th I was at SeaWorld, and the 30th was a travel day home, which including running into harra at DFW.

This "VIP" section is usually standing room only, but it wasn't crowded for the 3rd showing of Fantasmic! which rarely occurs. Too bad Pinnochio and the water fountains were down for the night though.

7. missjillian

missjillian Member

So, at Disneyland, where is the EXACT BEST spot to get castle pics? And for the fireworks show, where's best spot for that?

8. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I went to Disneyland once over Thanksgiving. IT rained and we were prepared. I think that was the only reason it wasn't very crowded.

I'll have to let Tim and Roger answer the questions about the best spots to take pictures. But if you can put yourself in the back of the park when it closes and head out as slowly as possible, you have a good chance of getting any location you want for the castle and not have people in the way

9. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Castle: I used to like an area next to the Carnation Plaza Gardens, about 45 degrees to the left of the castle when you are facing it, with the white bridge in the shot, and the trees used to frame it very nicely.

Plus even on moderate days you could actually avoid getting people in the pictures.

Note the words "used to". I think the trees have grown in, or maybe the bushes. Plus they now have Princess meet & greet on the path so people will probably always be in the picture.

But harra's right about waiting till the park closes.

Fireworks: Since you are going during the holiday season: anywhere on Main Street, but as close to the Castle as you can. You'll still have a decent view of the castle, plus you'll get snow and still see the new snow effect on the Castle during the "Let it Snow" finale of Believe in Holiday Magic (a wonderful show/song that got its' beginnings from the WDW 25th Anniv theme)

If I remember correctly it only snows on Main Street and the Small World esplanade.