Merry Christmas from the Contemporary Resort

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Craig, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Here's a few from the Contemporary.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

As always Craig, nice shots of my second favorite Magic Kingdom area hotel!

3. Craig

Thanks Poly, and for the record, the Poly is our second favorite MK hotel :).
    The problem, though, is we sit at the beach, stare at the Contemporary, and want to be there. So, we kind of gave in and just stay at the Contemporary now. Now we sit at the Contemporary pool and stare at the Contemporary.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nice! ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. Craig

Here is one of my shots from this year.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

6. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I don't know what it is about that pictures, but it has a CGI feel to it. Very pleasing to the eye and those lights on the tree really POP!

7. Craig

Thanks Ray, I stood out in the parking lot 40 minutes waiting for the perfect light!

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

nice job craig. i love when folks resurrect old posts and get them going again.

9. gary

gary Member

craig, that's real dedication, i have a real hard time spending 40 minutes motionless at any time of the day at the world, and when bunking with a certain unamed photographer the only time one is motionless is during the 4.5 hours of nightly sleep

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Waiting for the light is well worth the time and effort. That shot will stand out against any full night time shot, IMO. Well done, Craig!

11. Craig

Thanks guys!

I went down to the parking lot to set up the shot, knowing that the hotel lights and tree lights would turn on soon. Then I wanted to take the picture with the sunset colors and glow. But, the sky wasn't that great that night, so I had to wait for that perfect few minutes when I can get the sky to glow that funky blue that I love.
    I was gone long enough for Dina to start to wonder what the heck I was doing! She thought I would only be gone for a few minutes.

I didn't want to take that long to take the photo, but I wanted this photo to enlarge.

12. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

It was so worth the time you took,

great shot Craig!

(They're all really nice actually :) )

13. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Craig. That last one is awesome! Definitely worth the wait

14. Craig

Thanks Colleen and Michael!

This one is definitely getting enlarged! :)

15. Craig

Here is the other shot I got that night. In this one you can see the sunset reflection in the lower right corner

16. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Amother beautiful shot Craig...

IMHO, it's a shame those signs are where they are~
    that pic would be perfect if you can PS those do not enter signs out ???

17. Craig

Thanks Colleen.

I'm not sure what to do with the signs. A big part of me says to leave them because they are there and I like the reality.
    Another part, says I do not have the skills or time to do a good job PS'ing the entire sign.
    I also have thought about just removing the red circle in the sign and putting in a contemporary logo, that would be less offensive than "Do not enter"

18. gary

gary Member

imho, put in the contemporary logo, it's going to be a neater job than cloning out the signs, and would add your own brand to the photo, or the bendele copyright logo, even better i think, that really makes it stand out, and since anyone from here that knows you and dina, knows and associates this resort with you,you are mr contmporary after all, now you need a catchy slogan, ala scopa towers

bendele beach??