Marketplace at Night - My First Night Tradition!

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Jun 17, 2009.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

A few shots from the Marketplace and Downtown Disney, of course from my first night on this past trip. ; It is very much a tradition of mine to head over to Rainforest Cafe patio for the first night's meal after driving up to Disney, and watching the evening sky change over the lake. ; This past trip was a little later - I'm usually there around sunset, but this time I didn't get over to Rainforest until around 8:15pm. ; The skies were stormy and threatening, which made for some interesting low level cloud layering:

[​IMG]

But as the evening went on, the clouds seemed to rise higher, and only a very light rain fell...so the evening lights of Downtown Disney and Epcot beyond really glowed under those clouds with a 30-second exposure from the patio rail:

[​IMG]

Here's a shorter 5-second exposure from when the Illuminations fireworks were peeking over the treetops:

[​IMG]

On the way back to the busses, I took advantage of the handheld goodness of the Sigma 30mm F1.4 at F2.0 and ISO800 for a snapshot of kids playing in the water jets on a sultry evening:

[​IMG]

I would have walked around more, and taken more shots - I had brought the sigma 30mm as the only lens for just that purpose - but it had started off-and-on sprinkling again, so I didn't want to chance walking around with the camera unprotected if a sudden downpour broke out. ; Besides, it was too hot for casual photo taking strolls! ; Can't wait for the cooler temps to return.

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice, really liked the 2nd and 3rd ones, again I am very partial to night shots.

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I agree those second and third shots are great.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Thanks guys. ; I love nightshots myself - tend to take tons of them. ; I didn't do as many as usual this past trip though - hot, humid, and buggy, with intermittent rain, made standing around with a tripod taking long exposures a tad less desirable!