Look- New Baby Pictures!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Jeff Fillmore, May 2, 2008.

1. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Well FedEx made me a happy camper today by being so kind as to drop off the newest addition to the family- a Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8vr direct from Beach Camera. I purchased the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 II HSM a few weeks ago and was just not happy with it- so I sent it back and got this instead and right now I am very glad I did.

Here are a few pictures of the new baby. ;D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Here are a few taken WITH the new baby.

(I was a little nervous with all the water guns out there.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

100% Crop from the last one- no sharpening.

[​IMG]

3. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

I'm so jealous!!!

4. goofy101

goofy101 Member

looking at the shots it seems a wise investment, whats the matter with the sigma? I was eyeing that one up myself

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Jeff the detail in that last shot with the water droplet hanging onto the eye lash is amazing.

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Beautiful skin tone and detail. I wouldnt want to add sharpening to these at all. I love the DOF in the first one of your daughter.
    Congrats on another great lens

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

congrats, my man.

8. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

It was way off in its focus and not sharp- may have been a bad copy and may have been able to be calibrated by Sigma if I had wanted to wait and take the chance. The D300 can calibrate focus to an extent but even at a +20 (which is the maximum) you can see it was still way out front. Here is a picture- HERE By way of comparrison the Nikon needed a +2.

9. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Thanks all! :)

10. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Well, I'm still in limbo deciding what I want to get; the 70-200 is on my list, but the problems with the non-DX lens in FX seems to be holding me back from stating its a great purchase. Fortunately I'm not buying anything until June at the earliest.

11. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Congratulations! Glad you got a new lens. Anybody have a lens they would like to donate to the Get DisneyGeek92 a new lens foundation?

12. Kiki

Kiki Member

Congratulations on your addition!

I really need to add to the lenses I have for my Olympus...

13. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Well I have had this lens a month now- I am still soooo happy with it. I just feel like sharing a few shots I have taken with it so far. :-*

Wife
    [​IMG]

Daughter
    [​IMG]

Other Daughter
    [​IMG]

Other Photographer
    [​IMG]

Bird
    [​IMG]

Another Bird
    [​IMG]

14. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Hey Jeff, have you used it with any TCs?

15. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Yes- I have two Kenko Pro 300's - the 1.4X (280mm f4) and the 2X (400mm f5.6) - The Osprey with the fish was with the 2X- as is this one.

[​IMG]

Here is one with the 1.4X

[​IMG]

16. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Those are fantastic Jeff.
    Nice photos of your family, they are sharp enough to show each hair, but with very flattering skin.
    That lens and those teleconverters look like a fantastic combo!

The osprey shots are great. We have an osprey nest right at the foot of the Cape Coral Bridge that I cross twice a day. Someday I intend on taking some pics of those too. They are probably only about 30 yards out. They are not bothered by the cars at all. I don't know if the ospreys would be comfortable with a guy with a camera though.

17. Kiki

Kiki Member

Fantastic shots! Very, very impressive lens combo! The pix of your family are nice, and your family is beautiful.

18. gary

gary Member

we have many nested pairs up here and it's been my experience that the closer to the roads the nest, the less interested they seem in human presence, they look you over occasionally to make sure you are not making a move on the nest, but one look at those claws should be enough to keep anyone in their right mind well away from the young, thankfully they only eat live fish or we would have to worry about the cats

19. scpergj

scpergj Member

Very nice pictures!

Love the ones of the Ospreys.  Also noticed you're getting your older daughter properly trained...is that a D80 in her hand?!?!!!!

20. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

These new photo's are brilliant. nice job!