Let's go to the Polynesian Resort...W I D E

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Oct 8, 2009.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

In the continuing 'wide' resort series, I managed a few at Polynesian last month. ; If it hadn't been so hot, I might have done more from around the grounds - that'll have to wait for cooler months ahead!

Here's the main lobby atrium shot:

[​IMG]

For this, I stopped all the way down to get the slowest shutter speed I reasonably thought I could handhold...1/2 second:

[​IMG]

While grabbing a lovely lunch at the Kona Cafe, and about 12 iced teas, I snapped a shot inside the cafe:

[​IMG]

A great bar...one of my favorites - the Tambu Lounge:

[​IMG]

A tree in the atrium...I just loved the glowing green luminance from the sunlight filtering through it as I sat and cooled off in the big wicker chairs:

[​IMG]

Here's the volcano pool:

[​IMG]

2. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Nice work. ; I really like the shot of the Tambu Lounge!

3. Beautiful! Aww Kona...PUT MY PRIME RIB BACK!

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Beautiful shots, Justin. ; The atrium kind of looks like a greenhouse. ; I'll have to check this place out in December.

5. zackiedawg

Thanks all. ; That Tambu lounge was obviously a lighting nightmare - was traveling light, with no flash, and the backlight was horrible in the middle of the afternoon. ; Lots of DRO and lots of post to bring back the shadows!

That atrium is like a greenhouse - it's actually more lush and forested INSIDE the main building than outside! ; The grounds at Poly are fantastically beautiful, even moreso at night with the tikis lit and the lights in the water. ; Definitely worth a visit. ; It's an oldie as Disney World goes, but still a goodie!

6. goofy101

goofy101 Member

Really like the shot of the Tambu Lounge

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Justin! ; I love these, the Tambu lounge is one of my favorite places to spend some time. ; I also like the glow through the tree in the atrium.

8. Cory_Disbrow

Cory_Disbrow Member

I love all of these! I had my first visit to the Poly one night of my trip in August, and these totally put me right back there! The place is beautiful!

9. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Wow...thanks for sharing!

10. zackiedawg

Thank you all!