La Scala est mort, Viva la Scala!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Roger, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

With Agfa no longer producing film, there is no longer (unless I'm mistaken) any black and white positive (slide) film left under production. I saved my one roll for a special task...and last spring it was time to use up my supply of film.

And dumb me, there used to be two places in the US to process them. I had a mailer for the one in Miami. Turns out they stopped accepting film a year prior and sent it....(drumroll)....to a lab three miles from where I was living in SoCal. So I waited two weeks when it could have been done in two days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

that is some SERIOUS contrast, roger. very interesting, the possibilities it may lend itself too. this can be easily mimicked with some clever photoshop, which seems to have killed off almost every kind of fancy film out there.

3. Roger

Bumped, since I fixed the links.

If anyone is going through any of my old posts and doesn't see an image that I seem to have posted, pls let me know, and I'll fix it.

4. goofy101

goofy101 Member

What about Ilford Roger?

5. Roger

They still make film? If they are, I wasn't aware that they made black & white slide film.

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

I think I read somewhere that there's a way to process the Ilford negative film to create slides (it involves an acid bath and a couple of other steps), but I don't think they make B&W positive film.