Kilimanjaro Safari Lion

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by wddoebler, Feb 23, 2013.

1. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

My wife and I have taken the safari ride over a dozen times over the last several years. ; We have always seen the lions sleeping if we saw them at all. ; On February 21, 2013 at about ten minutes to 5 in the afternoon, we saw the male lion up and about. ; I got a number of shots of him using a Nikon D800 and my old Nikon 75-300 non image stabilized lens at the 300mm setting. ; ISO 2000 f13 at 1/640 sec. ; I thought the photos turned out pretty well with regards to blur considering how the safari truck bounces around.

Attached Files:

2. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

Tight crop of male lion.

Attached Files:

3. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

Male lion full frame

Attached Files:

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

It's amazing what they can do with robotics these days!

Sent from my iPhone...

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool. ; Lucky day and time!

6. HPS3

HPS3 Member

He's Alive! He's Alive!!!!!!!!

7. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

I did the sunrise safari in December- dont tell anyone- thats a new male lion- and his female companions are sisters to each other.... Perhaps- he is more interested in people and life than the last one.. ;)

8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Wonderful timing on that shot. ; Outstanding!

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Nice shots! ; Very difficult to catch those lion animatronics working fully...you were very lucky that day and time.

10. mSummers

mSummers Member

You caught the lion in 'A Mode'! ; Nice!

I heard they have two sets of lions now and that the older male is the one we usually see lying around. ; Now if we can only figure out the schedule so we can see the young ones.

11. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Score!

12. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Score indeed! ; Or maybe it's just a new animatronic they were testing out. LOL ;D