If you could add 3 World Pavillions...

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by CameraGirl, Jul 23, 2007.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

...to the World Showcase at Epcot, what would they be?

My three would be Austrailia, Egypt & Greece.

2. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

My three would be Egypt, Spain and Brazil.

3. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Australia, South Africa & Ireland

What's wrong with one of the flags?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

I would have to say Egypt, Africa and I was going to say Ireland, but Ireland does have a bit of a presence in the England/UK pavilion. ; I am reserving judgement on my third choice ; :)

5. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Yes there are some similarities between the folks from Ireland and the UK, but I don' think we would want our pavilion with the Southern North Americans.

[​IMG]

6. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

LMBO!!!!! ; (where else can you get away with saying that ) ; LOL!!! ;D

7. Technically it is not England it is the United Kingdom. Thus representing England, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland.

I would love to see India, Thailand & Australia

8. b-1

b-1 Member

Greece
    Australia
    The Netherlands (clogs, windmills, tulips...)

9. There ain't enough Ireland in the UK for me. ; I'd also welcome Australia and an Eastern European country to be different.

10. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Ireland is not represented at the UK Pavillion at Epcot.

Sure maybe an antenna topper that is about it.

[​IMG]

Ireland is not part of the UK.

Éirinn go Brách

[​IMG]

11. Hey, Ham Ham - are you of Irish lineage? ; I am. (Don't let the Gallant part fool you - I'm 3/4rds Irish, 1/4 Acadian French - which is pretty much Irish anyhoo :)... Married a man of Irish lineage too.)

I know it's only Northern Ireland that's part of the UK - I grew up listening to my aunts and Mom sing Irish rebel songs. (And my kids are Ceili and Ciara.) ; But part of Ireland is "represented" at the UK pavilion (no matter how lame it is in its representation - there ain't much there at all. The antennae topper you found is cute, though.)

I would love to see more of Ireland there - and it's own pavilion would be bloody marvelous. ; Not likely to happen anytime soon, I don't think, but that doesn't mean I can't still hope.

12. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Thailand, Greece and Irelend (hey, I'm thinking for the restaurants that would go with here!) ;D

13. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Very well put.

Born in Montreal,I am like Jean Chretien I don't speak either official language very well.
    Been to 7 of our 10 provinces hope to visit the remaining some day including our 3 territories.
    Celebrate the great diversity the world has brought to our country, and all their yummy cuisine too!
    Had the chance to live in 2 great provinces.
    Love our history.

My ancestors came to the Province of Canada in the 1840's during the famine. Married "Green" through every generation until I met and married my DW.

It nice when at EPCOT we have a Pavilion celebrating Canada.
    Since I'm of Irish decent I would love to see more of a showing of the green in EPCOT, but will not hold me breath.
    My kids have English heritage as well so seeing the UK pavilion was cool. I've been to London and enjoyed the city.

So let me rephrase what 3 countries I would like added to EPCOT.

Australia, South Africa & The Republic of Ireland.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. ah, an Irish folk song ("me father he was Orange and me mother she was Green").... brings back memories of Mom and my aunties singing around the table

15. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Here's a version for you to enjoy.
    Ole'School Erie style. Reprsent!
    Love the name of the group.

[​IMG]

16. dcastcan

dcastcan Member

This is a topic that I love to write about.

We at EPCOT like to talk about the 'what ifs' with the park, in particular with the world showcase. I'm a trivia buff, so I'll pose a few questions to everyone.

1) Epcot was designed for 22 separate pavilions, with the exact same 'face' space but the deeper pavilions would cost more (for sponsors). On opening day however, only 9 pavilions were opened...and 2 were opened later. Which country was slated to be in the Norwegian spot?

2) Ireland is represented in the UK pavilion. They wouldnt have cast members from Ireland if they werent represented right?

3) Haven't you heard the rumours for DAK re: Australia? I'd rather see that then over at Australia!

My top 3 include: Brazil, Switzerland, and Russia (with an honourable mention for the distinct society of Quebec!;))

17. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Sorry the Republic of Ireland is not England, Great Britain or the UK. It is its own country has its own language Galiec in addition to English. It's like us getting lumped in the the folks who south of us who like the idea of the manifest destiny.

As far as there being Irish CM's there, if they are from constituent country of Northern Ireland then they are in the right place as Northern
    Ireland is part of the UK. Sure there may be  Irish CM's because  they have no other choice,

I know that we would be too pleased is we were given a small corner in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and North American Pavillion, featuring an Mexican Mariachi band and Canadian waiting in a drive-through for a double double and tim bits..

Ok so no Ireland Pavillion but Quebec get a special mention?  Agreed they deserve a more preseance in the Canadian paviliion. I suggest a Quebec CS themed restaurant servig Qubecois delicacies from Montreal and do speak both official languages
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mt three choices.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. dcastcan

dcastcan Member

True about the differences between Ireland and Ireland. Its completely my fault for mixing the 2 of them. There are some (americans) that don't know that Canada has provinces and not states, that the capital of Canada is NOT toronto, and that we all don't speak french....and you want to put an Ireland pavilion with Ireland already in the UK pavilions? ;) (please...don't respond to that part, I've been down here for too long haha)

Did you know that Switzerland was actually supposed to be in the world showcase with a matterhorn mountain rollercoaster? ; Spain was also scheduled for the opening day.

We can make a case for EVERY country around the world. Its just fun thinking how to do it.

And Canada will never get a Timmys...unfortunately. We do need poutine though:D

19. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Hey not looking for fault.
    Selfishly I would like to see an Ireland pavilion due to my Irish heritage. ;). We are lucky though at least Canada has a presence.

Keep the opinions coming.

My three choices.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. amw

amw Member

I would like to see Russia added in ... not sure if the Americans have given up their animosities yet ; ;)