IASWUNM Ariel

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Roger, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

2. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Nice Capture / Framing. Approximately how many Disney Characters would you say they have put into this ride?

3. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

I was just there, how did I miss this?

4. Roger

Because MK doesn't have Small World under new management? ; (yet) ; Maybe they'll change over that one too. ; After they pay for their share of The Little Mermaid ride.

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shot Roger! ; The more of these that I have seen the less opposed to them I am.

6. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Did she replace one of the existing mermaids or was she just added?

7. Roger

I would have to say she replaced existing mermaids.

8. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

After getting to enjoy Disneyland's newly modified It's A Small World (many, many times), I would say that I don't think it deserves the "under new management" tag. ; I think they greatly enhanced the experience. ; The sound, colors, and scenes were all greatly improved. ; The United States scene they added was a bit underwhelming but it's still 100x better than the Disney World version

9. Roger

What would you call it? ; The old one "classic"? ; I'm not trying to use it in a derogatory way...it does flow well, but it's not the one Walt showed at the World's Fair anymore. ; I call the SE "reloaded" mostly as an homage to the matrix scene, but again, I don't try and compare the two. ; I don't mind the redo, but I do miss Jeremy Irons.

10. Grumpwurst

Good to know Roger. ; I took your monikor "Under new management" to be derogatory since it's often used as an epitaph in reference to the Enchanted Tiki Room. ; In my geeky way, I'd probably call it IASW 2.0...haha. ; I loved it. ; We even tried to capture it on video. ; I haven't had a chance to look at it yet because the raw file is several gb and I don't have a computer strong enough, yet, to do anything with it.

11. Roger

ahh I can understand that. ; However in that case the name addition is part of the redo of the attraction.

I've used the digital term for Imagination, esp. since Imagination 2.0 was, well, a disaster.

12. Grumpwurst

Needless to say, if you have the opportunity to go to Disneyland, you need to catch IASW. ; Not all the additions are obviously placed

13. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Here is mine from 9/1/09

[​IMG]

14. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

She looks like she has been hitting the bottle a little in this shot Sylvia! ; LOL!