I am hooked...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by danirae, Jul 15, 2007.

1. danirae

danirae Member

First off I have to say I am humbled by the outstanding photos I see here. I have just completed beginning photo and intermediate photo at our local community college. I absolutely love photography and I love Disney. So when I came accross a site with two of my passions...well I am very excited. I have to say I thought I was doing pretty good after beginning photo and then sort of got lost in intermediate. The info I am getting here is starting to put the peices together for me. Wow...I am humbled and have a loooooong way to go. I guess practice, practice, practice. My biggest challenge is lighting. I look foreward to exploring and learning more from this site.
    Thanks!!!!! ;D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Danirae,

Welcome! I'm in the beginning photography boat myself. As someone told me, you aren't born knowing out to take good pictures. It's just takes practice. So, I'm now taking pictures all the time hoping to get a greater appreciation for the relationship of the various settings

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

that's really nice for you to write, dani. I am sure a lot folks on this site really appreciate that sentiment. Welcome aboard.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome!

5. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

Welcome aboard ! I agree, nothing beats taking hundreds and thousands of shots. That's what makes digital photography so great - it's a lot easier to practice ! Taking local community college classes can be a real great way to learn as well, as it always helps to get "assignments" that force you to practice specific elements of photography, and then share it with a group that can provide some feedback and help.

I've been shooting for 20 years and still consider myself a rank amateur, and still never feel like I get the lighting right 90% of the time.

Watching Tim's work inside the rides (where there's no flash) is just flat out humbling. I'm going to blame it on the fact he just has better gear than me : )

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Indeed - welcome! Surprising how many share your same interests - photography and Disney - isn't it!? I was quite surprised too when Tim first mentioned starting this site - there were a few of us on a large photography board that would post Disney pics, and there weren't tons of comments - so it seemed like we were a rare and lonely bunch. But when I came back from a vacation abroad and checked out the site, there were already dozens signed up!

Shoot, shoot, shoot...there's no substitute for just getting out there and shooting anything and everything, then asking for input on what you've done right or wrong and working on improving. I am also an amateur - everything I've learned so far has been from wonderful people online willing to criticize, comment on, analyze, and compliment my photos so I could improve.

As for Disney - well there's no substitute for going, going, going! as much as possible. ;) I thoroughly enjoy each and every day I spend up at Disney World, and on the last day when I'm driving home, the only thing on my mind is figuring out when I can next get back up there!

Tim's quite the Disney nut like me, though without my advantage of living just a few hours away from WDW. Oh...and Tim's OK with the camera too, I guess. ;)

7. danirae

danirae Member

Thank you for the encouragement. That definately helps motivate. Some days I just seem to get alot of great shots and others I can't seem to get one. I will keep at it... I love it! Thanks again.