How to start planning a Disney World vacation for summer 2010?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by Anonymous, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

I would like to start thinking about/planning a Disney vacation for June 2010. It will be for a family for four (one child, 5 years old, and one child just under 3 years old). We would obviously like to get the most bang for our buck. I don't want the best hotel...but I absolutely insist that it is clean. I tried to look up stuff on the internet but it all seems so overwhelming about where to start. Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I think the first place to start is to decide whether you want to stay at the parks or offsite. ; Both has their advantages for sure. ; Staying offsite is a bit cheaper and some are clean (not the Super 8 that I think is now out of business), however you would either have to take a shuttle or drive to the parks during the day and you would miss some of the magic Disney has to offer at their resorts. The Disney value resorts are great for smaller kids since the scenery is larger than life and if you wanted to take a break from a park in the middle of the day all you need to do is hop on the transportation and go back to the hotel.

There are some offsite resorts that are just within walking distance away from Downtown Disney where you can then get on the free Disney Transportation and go to any park or resort you would like. ; If you google Downtown Disney Resort Hotels, you will be able to find some that are within walking distance.

There are deals that do happen to stay at the Disney resorts. ; I hope that someone else may know if the deals will be happening when you are planning to be there.

Anyone else care to add?

3. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

If this is a first visit definitely stay on sight. Pop Century would get my value vote.

Plan & strategy. Figure out what parks you want to visit, plan to be there for rope drop, saty ;until 1:00 p.m. Head back to the resort for some relax time, back in the evening for night shows. Book ADR's in advance.

Don be afraid to ask any question ; here at dinsymagic.ca. Most of use are multiple visitors to WDW and we like to share.

Welcome!!!

[​IMG]

4. Hi - decide how you want to spend your time, and where you want to be. ; If your youngest is under 3 when you visit, you won't have to pay for park admission or dining (if you get the plan) for them - so that's a savings.

Don't know about specials for Jun.10 yet (current special doesn't go that far in planning window ; - it expires Dec.20) but the great thing about working with Disney directly is that you can put $200 USD down to secure spot, and your trusty travel agent (ahem) can apply any specials that come on after you book (if availability) - balance is due 45 days before you go.

I always encourage folks to stay onsite. ; There are opposing views, but in my 17 visits, I've stayed onsite and offsite - to my mind, the benefits of onsite far outweigh the benefits of offsite.

Disney has 22 hotels onsite to fit every budget. ; THe benefits of staying at onsite include access to extra magic hours (huge deal), ability to buy dining plan, free shuttle to and from airport, free transportation around the parks, being surrounded by magic, ability to shop at parks and have purchases delivered back to your room, etc., etc.

With your two wee ones, if budget is foremost in mind, then the onsite value hotels are best option - Pop Century is very popular. ; Look at pictures of the All Stars though - because the theming might appeal to your kids more (everyone has different tastes) - there's the AS Sports, Movies, Music. ; If you want a little extra space, the AS Music has a family suite that gives you 2 bathrooms, microwave & stove, and extra room.

WIth moderate level, you might want to look at Fort Wilderness Cabins - self-contained, own BBQ, kitchen, etc.

With deluxe, you have 3 monorail hotels (ease of access to MK park and/or Epcot on monorail, plus Contemporary is walkable for little kids from Contemporary). ; THe DVC spots have more room, essentially are timeshares that rent out as hotel rooms to public - condos, with extra room, kitchens, etc. - but are priced accordingly too.

That's an overview in a nutshell. ; Any questions, or anything I can help with, let me know.

Best regards,
    Sheila