HI!! From a newbie in AZ!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by missjillian, Nov 16, 2007.

1. missjillian

missjillian Member

HI everyone!!! I'm a huge Disneyland fan from AZ who's also a photographer. Disneyland is a photographers dream I tell ya! We take my kids every year (my hubby often wonders if it's for the kids or for me to take pics of everything I see,lol). Nice to meet you all!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

welcome to the 'boards, jillian. i'm sure you will love it here and learn more than you could ever imagined. don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, we don't bite!

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome Jillian!

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the boards Jillian! It's a great place to be!

5. missjillian

missjillian Member

Thanks!!! How do I post a photo? I see insert photo, but I don't know how to post one. Do I need a code from photobucket?
    Thanks!!

6. missjillian

missjillian Member

Thanks for the welcomes!!! Let me properly introduce myself!!! I'm adding a pic on from our last trip to Disneyland in June. Wished this photo with Capt. Jack was the real thing,,hahaha, but, my hubby wouldn't have liked that too well! To explain myself a bit, we were tired, my hair's a mess, and my makeup was about gone,,lol. But, thought I'd post this so you all can see who I am and my 2 little girls (my hubby took this). This trip with my sister and her family after Thanksgiving, we'll have nicer ones of us to post, for we want one with Mickey for our Christmas cards. I will post a few more pics from our last trip on this one board too. If my files are too large, please let me know and I can shrink them down a bit ;)
    I am a photographer and have had my own business for 5 years. I also just started freelancing for our local paper in April. It has opened world of opperatunities for me and I have been able to get credentials to shoot AZ Diamondbacks games (don't laugh, my fave team :) ) and shoot from the dugout as press,, which I absolutely LOVE!!!! It's not easy being a working mommy, but, it helps me save up so we can take the girls to Disneyland couple times a year. This Thanksgiving will be my first time seeing the Christmas decorations and I can't wait!!! Have a blessed weekend everyone and nice to meet you all!

I hope I posted this photo right! :) If not, I'll try again tomm :)

[​IMG]

7. Roger

Yes, I think you figured the image posting thing out.

Some here use the built in forum posting (see the 'additional options' below the posting box), but the file size is limited to 225kb, 6 per post.

Others will use other websites and then post the images from the other site.

I prefer the latter, because the other method seems to strip the EXIF data from the pic. Like yours which shows:

Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
    Flash Used: Yes (Auto)
    Focal Length: 75.0mm
    Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
    Aperture: f/5.0
    ISO equiv: 400

8. missjillian

missjillian Member

Ok, think I have this figured out! If there is a different thread you'd like me to start with Disney photos I took in June, just let me know.
    I may not be on much until Mon., I have a few shoots and a wedding to edit, as well as spend time with the family. But, I hope to get more photos up by next week! I love to shoot anything and everything. From macros, to kids. When I Disney, I shoot the awesome landscapes, flowers, rides, you name it!

This is from Splash Mountain:
    [​IMG]

Photo from Fantasmic!
    [​IMG]

sorry if these are a tad oversharpend. some pics I try not to mess with too much, but sometimes on the web they can come across dull.

9. Roger

I like the mist effect from Splash and the light through the trees/foliage/bridge, esp when taken from Pirates Lair.

Anyway, usually we'll post pics under the category for where they are from, but this is fine!

10. missjillian

missjillian Member

Thank you for the help! I didn't see the additional options before! :) Much appreciated
    I'll start a new thread under the Disneyland thread, I just found that too,,lol. I'm learning this site and am hooked already,you all are awesome photographers here! Thanks for your patience while I'm learning the site.

11. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

you're right, jillian, there are some very talented photogs here. the main reason i started this site was to create a place where disney photogs can all hang out and post their work and discuss the ins and outs of the hobby/biz, while at the same time creating a place where newbies can come and be comfortable asking questions that would get them flamed on other boards. there is a nice mix of people and skill levels and we all have a great time so thanks for stopping by and looking forward to seeing more of your work.