Greetings from So Cal!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RocketTom, Dec 22, 2007.

1. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

My name is Tom, and I'm a seasoned corporate photographer. It's such a delite to shoot pictures of things just for fun, and Disneyland is definately fun!!!

I'm also shoot professional fireworks shows, and have developed a passion for digital pyro photography. One of my current projects is to see how many recognizable places I can take the Fireworks Mickey.

I've also been recruited by MouseTimes.com as one of their staff photogs, so you'll start to see my stuff over there -- however I thought this would be a good place to hang out and talk *about* photography vs. *of* photography. Since I've only recently stumbled across this site, I have some galleries already developed to share.

This page has a *very* unique shot of the fireworks reflected in the Rivers of America, and over the Mark Twain while it's docked.

This set has fireworks pictures taken reflected off of the Lagoon.

This set was taken from the Small World area. The pictures of the 'snow' are some of the best I've taken.

And I do think this is the best Castle shot I've ever taken. All the right variables were in place - it was just there for me to snap it.
    [​IMG]

I'm huge into sharing our successes and failures. If we can all make ourselves better photographers, then we will all be *that* much happier. (Until we realize that NOW I need that new Nikon D3 or Canon MarkIII. Sheesh. ::) )

Looking forward to seeing y'all on line!

- Tom

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome to the boards Tom.

I'd wait for the D3 to become readily available.

3. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

I agree - am using a D200 now.

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

welcome aboard, tom.