FS: Wolverine Portable Photo Viewer/Backup 80GB, Acratech lens plate

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling' started by Roger, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Thought I would give these a chance for a few days/hours before they go up on FM or eBay:

Acratech Lens Plate: (arca-swiss compatible)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/329095-REG/Acratech_2130_2_5_Quick_Release_Plate.html

$20 includes shipping to the 48 states via USPS. (half off B&H price) ; No problems, I'm upgrading to Markins plates for my lenses.

Wolverine 80GB ESP:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/456243-REG/Wolverine_5080_ESP_80GB_Portable_Multimedia.html

The Wolverine ESP has a 3.6" LCD so you can both review and backup your pics on the go. ; It has a replaceable battery and uses a mini-USB plug so it can also act as an external hard drive. ; Basically on the top there is a closed CF and a closed SD/MS port - open the lid and insert the card. ; The device will then ask if you want to do a full backup or a photo backup - then it will copy everything to the device. ; It saves them in a folder with the card type and a sequential numbering system. ; For safety - I've used this to backup in the field, and then did a backup of this device to my laptop's hard drive. ; But you could use this to backup your cards while in the park, etc.

It worked last night with a 8GB SDHC Transcend Class 6 card. ; I'm selling it because it won't recognize my new MS Pro Duo HG cards (16GB) even with a memory stick adapter. ; Which could be related to the HG, who knows.

It will read the embedded JPG in a RAW file, which can be very small depending on the RAW file. ; I put RAW files from the Sony A550 on the SDHC card and the JPGs were visible after it did the backup. ; So it will work with current cameras even though Wolverine hasn't updated the firmware for it recently!

I think the battery doesn't have much of a life anymore, but a replacement battery costs $40 directly from Wolverine Data - not sure if you could find one elsewhere. ; Which is one of the reasons I'm pricing where I am. ; The hard drive is also rumored to be user-replaceable. ; It's out of warranty so it's not like you'd void it by doing so. ; However I think it is an IDE hard drive on this version (it uses a laptop hard drive).

$80 including shipping to the 48 U.S. continental states. (B&H is still selling these brand new for $280) ; I have the original case, the AC adapter and the extra 4AA adapter - so you can recharge it on the go using AA batteries! ; Picture is from Wolverine's website. ; I'll get a pic shortly - but mine has been well cared for.

Attached Files:

2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I'll take the plate !

Sent from my Droid

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Sold, to Mr. BLT!

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

[​IMG]

Thanks Roger! It works perfect on the 80-400