From the archives...looking out towards the former parking lot...

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Roger, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

[attachimg=1]

The view from the train looking out towards the entrance/ticket booths. ; DCA is still just level dirt.

The handcar that used to sit between the train and the floral grade at the main entrance:

[attachimg=2]

Both Impresa 50.

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

2. mSummers

mSummers Member

I forgot about the handcar... ; I would have loved to be there back in the day when Wally Boag would take it for a spin...

[​IMG]

The Miceage article containing this photo had the following caption:
    [xquote]"Star of the Golden Horseshoe Review,
    Wally Boag gets some serious air on the handcar
    as he attempts to out-run the speeding E.P. Ripley.
    Photo © Disney"[/xquote]

3. Roger

That's cool!

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

5. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Very cool...where is the hand car now?

6. Roger

That's a good question - I don't know.

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

From what I've read, it was removed because it clashed with the color of the top of Mickey's party hat and is now being stored in the roundhouse. ; Apparently, before it was removed, a couple of wooden crates were placed on either side of it to house the controls for the fiber optics in the floral display, so you couldn't get a good shot of it anyway. ; Hopefully it will be returned to its rightful place as soon as the party hat is removed.

8. Roger

I was like "What party hat???" then I looked at 2007 pics v. this spring. ; And there's the party hat. ; It had done such an impression on me I hardly noticed it. ; But yep, no hand cart.