Fort Wilderness

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by jermsworld, May 7, 2009.

1. jermsworld

jermsworld Member

Fort Wilderness was one of my favorite places to take pictures when we went in March. ; Here's one of my favorites

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. jermsworld

jermsworld Member

Here's some at sunset

3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

very pretty sunsets

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Gorgeous. ; I miss that place - used to stay in the cabins there every Memorial Day for a decade and a half. ; It's been wonderful being in the DVC, but I do find myself missing the woodsy, folksy environment there...and the golf carts. ; I've stayed there 3 times since 1996 when I joined DVC...but it's been about 5 years now since the last time. ; I do still go over there virtually every trip - just pop over on the boat from Wilderness Lodge or MK, and walk around.

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great photo's!

I have never stayed there, BUT I go every trip because we eat at the Hoop De Do every time we go. ; Love the show, and the food is amazing IMHO.

6. jermsworld

jermsworld Member

Here's two more. ; I haven't stayed at Fort Wilderness since the early 90's. ; My parents would throw us boys into the truck (pulling a fifth wheel trailer) and make the long drive from California to Orlando (approximately a week). ; I have great memories of that campground, and we hope to stay at the cabins soon. ; We too have recently become DVC members, and we continue to push back our stay in the cabins. ; But we want to stay there before the boys get too old.

The below shots are taken while we were snacking at the little store by the docks for the boats. ; We have a dream of driving those golf carts, someday.

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

The golf carts rock...the absolute ultimate in convenience, not to mention that it gives you one of the best Disney 'rides' at your disposal any time. ; Coming back from MK after the fireworks, crowded boat, the hordes massing for the bus stop, you just jump on your cart, pop through the dirt trail by the trading post, and off you go! ; Heading to the parks...same thing: jump on your cart and off you go right to the boat dock or bus stop. ; Need some food supplies or want a bite to eat at Trail's End? ; Jump in your cart and off you go! ; Park closed early, it's 10pm, and you're back at your cabin bored? ; Jump in the cart, take a meandering spin around the Fort Wilderness complex looking at cool RVs, watching rabbits and armadillos wandering all around, or stopping by the lakeside for a chill on the beach to look at the moon.

It's a must-do!

8. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Very nice photos Jeremy. I really like the sunsets.