Expedition Everest HDR

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Tim, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

2. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Another Great One Tim! I Love the way these come out when you've got the right foreground with the Main Subject behind it all. Keep up the Great work.

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Brillant shot. I like how you are doing these. Not overdoing the HDR affect and coming very close to what our eyes see.

Tim....if I have 2 photos taken at -0.3 and +0.3 EV, is that enough for Photomatix or do you really need 3 or more?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

the recommended photomatix range is -2, 0, +2, but i have used -1, 0, +1 with success.
    why don't you knock down the +.3 to 0 so you have your 3 pics (knock down the + to 0 instead of bumping up the - to 0 - less noise)... maybe expand them a bit to -1, 0, +1?

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Really wasn't thiking of HDR much while I was there but I have lots of shots using the +/-0.3. With the weather getting nicer, I have a few spots around town I want to go out specifically with HDR in mind. Thanks for the tips. I'll try both sets (+/-1 and 2)and see what I end up with.

6. Paul

Paul Member

Nice shot Tim. I'm taking good notes for my next trip: -2, 0, +2, or -1, 0, +1

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Tim you have got this HDR thing down. Another great shot!