Enchanted Tiki Room

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Paul, May 1, 2009.

1. Paul

Paul Member

It was a real treat seeing the DL version of the tiki room, everything seemed so new. ; The sound was excellent as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Did you watch the restored pre-show video?

3. Paul

Paul Member

Roger, you are supposed to tell me these things before I go out to DL! :D ; I got there right when they were letting people in, so I did not see the video. ; Gotta leave something for next time. ; Whats on the video?

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

It's just a discussion of things Hawa'ii (and Dole!). ; Narrated by Jack Wagner. ; For many years the film was lost, with mgmt not caring about the decades old film that suffered from fading, non-replaced projector bulbs. ; Then the Empire came, and then the roof collapsed over the waiting area, which seemed to be the possible last straw before the whole attraction became a gift shop....and a few Imagineers fought to restore it. ; Didn't get the roof, so at times of the day you can't see the film that well, but you can hear it. ; (It plays opposite the entrance, over the Dole Whip shop, kind of across from Tongoroa as well)

Actually I heard the reason they finally fixed it is because one day the Dole executives were in town and asked to see their attraction. ; Then Disney mgmt went {Gulp} Okay.....ignore the missing film.