Elvis at Disneyland

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by ImagineeringMyWay, Oct 10, 2009.

1. I am not a big Elvis fan like my wife, but I have been having fun shooting Scot Bruce as Elvis. He has all the moves and the girls and women sure love to swoon.

[​IMG]

I also shot some Full HD 1080 video with the Canon 5D Mark II. I forgot my external mic so what you hear is the mic in the Canon 5D MII.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8KSpOJsGK4[/youtube]

He has been so popular that Disneyland keeps bringing back. I guess talking to City Hall does work.

2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

From what I'm hearing the onboard mic seems to be pretty good. ; It would be interesting to compare that with what the external mic would've gotten for you. ; Amazing video there Greg

3. Thanks ..... I am pretty happy with the video results of the 5D MII. That 4:39 video is 775.9 mb at 1920x1080. a 720 file is 146.1 mb and if I compress for iTunes and AppleTV at 640x352 it gets down to 48.1 mb. ; I use VisualHub to compress and it works very well.

4. Dan

Dan Member

Ya'know, it's funny.. in the opening sequence it looks like you used some sort of effect to make the video a little.. I don't know the term. ; Wiggly. ; At first I thought "ah.. there's the rolling shutter problem". ; But then I watched it more and realized it had to be deliberate. ; Actually, now that I look again, I see what it is. ; An old TV effect, with vertical sync problems as well as that wiggle. ; I've got a plugin that can do that in some program or another. ; My favorite is the old film effect though, adding dust and occasional hairs plus a little judder.

For the record I know the rolling shutter problem isn't that bad. ; But I was thinking maybe you'd done something I've tried.. running a stabilization filter that tries to stabilize the motion, it works but it makes the rolling shutter problem a lot more obvious, it almost looks like the way that effect worked. ; But the size of the oscillation is larger.

I'm not particularly an elvis fan, but I like what I saw of that performance. ; It's not nostalgia for me, I'm largely from the post elvis culture. ; But there was a decent energy to it, I could see getting into it if I were there. ; Just.. with less screaming. ; I can see giving him a little "woooo" after he finishes a number, though.

I need to start putting some video up on youtube.

5. The effect is a Final Cut effect called "Bad TV". It allows for some adjustment to roll, static, etc.

I try not to use the anti-stabilization unless absolutely necessary. It takes a long time to render and it often degrades the quality. Somethimg you just got to play with a little.

I just started putting stuff on YouTube. I've had an account for years, just never got around to it I guess.