DiVine 2010

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Scottwdw, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

There hasn't been a DiVine post in awhile. ; Last time I saw her I had my flash on my camera so got some catchlights and, with my zoom lens, didn't have to crop much either.

[​IMG]
    Nikon D70/18-200VR, 1/60s, f/5.6, ISO 200, EV +0.3, 200mm FL

[​IMG]
    Nikon D70/18-200VR, 1/60s, f/5.6, ISO 200, EV +0.3, 200mm FL

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Re: DeVine 2010

awesome colors, scott. ; haven't seen devine (the AK character) in years... ;

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I don't think that I have ever seen her. ; I would like to one day though, I hear the "act" is really cool to see.

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I saw her on my last two trips. ; She "hangs" out on the walkway between Africa and Asia. ; She even has a schedule so check AK's entertainment guide when visiting.

Tim, the flash brought out the colors and the catchlights which is something most people don't get with DiVine.

5. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

These are great pics of an amazing character!

6. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Scott,

Can you define "catchlights"?

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The flash reflected in her eyes. ;

If you look at fashion model or advertising photos with models, you can almost reconstruct the lighting setup used by the catchlights in their eyes. ;

8. Miss Manday

Miss Manday Member

These are GORGEOUS shots! I've never seen such vivid color, even when looking at her in person. <3 Beautiful!

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Thank you, Miss Manday! ; The color is there but hard to see as she stays in the shade a lot. ; The flash helped bring it out along with some added saturation in post.

10. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Nice shots Scott! Last time I caught her was in 2007. Might have to try and catch her again this year. What was your FEC at?

[​IMG]

f/2.8 @200 mm, 1/60, ISO 200, EV -1/3, No Flash

[​IMG]

f/2.8 @200 mm, 1/30, ISO 200, EV -1/3, No Flash

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I had the Flash Exposure Compensation (FEC) at -1. ; Your 2007 versions look like they used different makeup for the skin. ; Don't see any sparkles which was predominate in the 2010 version. ; Mine had green grapes, too. ; Very interesting to see the changes in the costume.

12. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Those are two different costumes.

It's also interesting that her main webpage doesn't list her anymore...perhaps that character is now exclusive to DAK?