Coronado Springs booked at last!!!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Coo1eo, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

; So pumped. When I booked this upcoming trip for the end of May, I was so disappointed to find out that I was unable to get Coronado Springs under the discount code i had ; :'(. I ended up booking PORS & although I am sure it is a very nice resort, I just couldn't get it out of my head that I would not be staying at my favorite resort ; :mad:. So I kept on calling back & yesterday I was finally to snag an opening @ Coronado ; :). My package total even ended up being $50 less ; :D. May not be a lot in the big picture, but was nice to have anyway.
    ; I am such a creature of habit & I just feel like being from Louisiana, that I would have felt like I was at home while I was on vacation. ; ??? I much rather being in a place not native to what I see everyday. Can some of you relate with this??? ; ::)

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I can't relate personally BUT I can imagine that seeing more of the same from home, would take away from the whole vacation experience. ; Glad you were able to snag your favorite resort.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I can relate, though I can give in easily enough. ; I prefer to snag Boardwalk when I can, but have often settled for OKW or Saratoga. ; I like all of the resorts, but I definitely would have wanted Boardwalk, and get a little jealous when I boat through and think of how I could have been staying there. ; But I'm lucky that I get to go often, and I sometimes book on very short notice, so I'm willing to settle for what I can get.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I too can relate! ; Both my wife and I love to stay at Bay Lake Tower. ; We love the fact we can walk right to the MK and I can stay late at night and not have to worry about a bus. ; This summer we are staying at Beach Club, so it will be a little sad each time a bus takes us past Bay Lake, but we are staying there the week of Christmas. ; That was most important for the same short walk reason.

Glad you got the resort you wanted!

5. zackiedawg

So when are you there at the end of May? ; I'll be up there too at the end of May - part of my time will be devoted to a conference, but I've got Disney time worked in the trip too.

6. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Justin - I will check in on May 25th & will be there till June 2nd. ; Maybe we can meet up for a little photo time or something.

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Coronado is a very picturesque resort. ; You will have a lot of fun there. ; Great colors and architecture... ; but- it SPRAWLS!

8. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

You are right & that is part of why I like it there so much. I Love shooting pics there. As for the size, I have learned the lay of the land over the past couple trips there & have a pretty good grasp of what to request to avoid having to be too far away from where I want to be. I only get around the resort when I am looking to get some photos.

9. zackiedawg

I'd be up for it - depending on when you get there for checkin. ; My conference ends on the 24th, and I'm sticking around until the 26th, so the day and night of the 25th I'm free to just enjoy some Disney time.

10. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Should be checking into Coronado about 11am - 12 noon & then planning to head over to EPCOT for the afternoon / evening.

11. zackiedawg

OK...I'd be up for Epcot (I'm always up for Epcot). ; I'll probably be hitting Epcot on the 19th when I get in, to catch the Flower & Garden before it closes, then Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom on the 20th. ; Then my 4 days of conference over at the Marriott, and sleeping in on Friday till 11ish. ; Keep in touch here as we get closer - I'm bringing my netbook so I'll still have internet access and can check in on the boards - and I can give you my cell when you're up there. ; Scott may be around that day too, and maybe he'll be up for meeting too for a little photo walking.