Cinderella's Castle

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by PolynesianMedic, Apr 4, 2012.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I have been trying some different thought processes out when photographing the castle. ; These are three of my recent attempts and I think I have to work on them a little more to truly get what I am looking for, but I feel as though I am on the right path.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I love the silhoutte shot (minus the wire in post processing of course) and the rose garden shot. ; Not sure about the tree shot though. The leaves and branches break up he outline too much for me. ; But it is always neat to see variations to the traditional castle shots, cant wait to see more.

3. PolynesianMedic

AH, I forgot to edit that out, thanks Jeff. ; Here are two edits of this one. ; One is the same as above minus Tink's wire, the other I boosted the tonal contrast and saturation. ; I am torn between the two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

First off, love the flower shot! ; Second, I vote for the second of two edits, just maybe back off a little on the saturation. ; Just my thoughts. ;

By the way, you have some amazing shots uploaded to flickr today, well done!

5. PolynesianMedic

Thanks John! ; I took those the other day, I am still working through some from a week or so ago, and that is where these castle shots came from. ; I have a few from Flower and Garden also.

For the longest time I have been using the vibrance setting in Picnik, BUT since Google is shutting it down, I bought Corel's Paint Shop Pro Ultimate which comes with Nik Color Effects plugin so I am playing with all of the filters to see which ones I like and how best to use them in post.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Jeff, I like the second one better. ; Nicer colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Nice - the silhouette and Tomorrowland one has a very nice composition! ; I've tried the OOF flower idea myself about 4 years ago - a bit more closeup, but same concept. ; Liberty Square has some interesting castle views too, peaking over especially from Tom Sawyer and the Liberty Belle.

8. PolynesianMedic

I hadn't even thought about anything from over there, thanks Justin!

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I must be the first to like the first edit better. ; I like the darker silhouette whereas in the lighter one you see more distinction of the TTA which is distracting to me. ; But that's just my opinion. ; Awesome shot nonetheless...

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I don't disagree - I like the silhouette a bit better myself.