Castle Sunshot from the Contemporary

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by Craig, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

another wonderful sunset!

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

2. goofmick

goofmick Member

Craig, that's a great shot. ; Colors are very nice.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I agree. Very nice!

4. goofy101

goofy101 Member

so nice the colors are so rich

5. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Member

Wow Craig, beautiful shot! :)

That must've been one tall tripod! ;)

6. Wow! Nice and clear!

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Craig I can't believe the colors that are in this shot. ; It's funny how the sky even matches the lighting in Tomorrowland.

8. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Fine work. ; Perfect.

9. Craig

thanks so much everone!
    I love when I get the "white" light on the castle over all the other castle colors.

This is straight out of the camera too, which I always love over doing it in post.
    I set the white balance to shade to make sure the sky was very red/orange, and underexposed a half stop from the matrix meter to make sure the colors stayed saturated.

used a tripod for 1/2 second exposure at f6.7 (or something) at iso 200. I cant remember which lens this is? either the 18-200 or the 80-400?

10. gary

gary Member

well whatever it was, you nailed it. mighty fine saturation

11. Paul

Paul Member

Super cool Craig! Nice work with the white balance adjustment, I would have never thought of that.

12. Craig

thanks Paul and Gary!

the white balance adjustment is one I use all the time, since I shoot in jpeg, I like to do it in camera.

13. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

WOW...Don't know how I missed this one! ; That is just legendarily beautiful! ; I love those color skies, and capture them whenever possible, and even had the luck once to try a few shots from the Contemporary roof with the sky that color. ; But the clincher is to catch the castle lit so crisp and white at the top, and with the lovely little bits of color highlighting it. ; Every shot I've had was with the castle red, purple, blue, etc...and they never get this crisp detail and lovely contrast. ; Wonderful shot - that should be nice and big on a wall somewhere!!