breathless 2

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by gary, Dec 15, 2007.

1. gary

gary Member

put this here, taken during mousefest while walking from boardwalk to mgm, the skipper was really opening it up in the straighter parts of the canal between the road bridge and the swan/dolphin bridge
    i know this isn't my best shot ever, but the opportunity happened upon me without much warning and i had to grab it quick or not at all, they were idling along past the bridge and my first warning was when he cracked open the throttle, nice deep throated v8 sound, my guess would be small block chevy, probably a tweaked out 350

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. Dan

Dan Member

I think I heard the engine choice issue being discussed during one of the now defunct live webcasts from Explore the Magic. I seem to recall that Disney had some sort of contract with a particular manufacturer, and had to use their engines in all the boats, from the little water sprites (or whatever they call them now) to the Breathless. And I do not think the manufacturer was Chevy.

I can find no verification of this through Google though.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. gary

gary Member

that's not a marine engine, trust me on this, i've spent the last 30 years going to racetracks, and off and on for the last 20 as crew on a nascar modified, that's an american v-8, i'd know that sound in my sleep, i'm guessing small block chevy based on the particular throatiness when they cracked open the throttle, very very familiar sound to me, esp since my friend's car has a worked over 350 block